QERadiant + G400

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• QERadiant + G400

My temporary workaround has been to rename the G400ICD.DLL, run Q3Radiant, then when I'm done, rename it back. You're then running in 'software' type mode and not Opengl. It's not a good fix, but at least you can run radiant until the drivers can be fixed.

QERadiant + G400

Has anyone been able to use QERadiant effectively with the G400? I can't do much more than load the program before it crashes and burns. I know id has said that the G400/Radiant problems are primarily in the drivers, but I'm curious if anyone has been able to workaround. Also, does anyone know if Matrox is working on fixing?
    Matrox G400MAX
    PIII600
    Abit BX6-2
    224mb Samsung GH
    SB Live
    Netgear NIC
    Tekram SCSI
    Maxtor 20gig ATA-66 7200
    IBM 14.4gig ATA-33 7200
    Creative 5xDVD- no card
    Plextor 8/2/20 CDR
    Kenwood 52x CDROM

Comment

And I always follow up jws's posts with two things:

1. This won't work if you're running NT. All it does is cause Q3R to crash as soon as you launch it.

2. If anyone from Matrox reads this forum, on behalf of the G400 owners who want to use their card to do Quake editing, please work with id to find a solution to our problems. I've received several postings on the Q3 forum from id employees who claim the problems we're having are driver-related. The main reason I bought Q3 was to edit, and I'm extremely frustrated that it won't work correctly on my machine. I don't want to buy another card - I've not had any problems with it other than this - but this is a _serious_ problem for me. Please take whatever steps you need to so that your customer base is happy. Thank you.

------------------
      Check us out for all your Rocket Arena mapping needs!
      http://www.planetquake.com/mahq
      Check us out for all your Rocket Arena mapping needs!
      http://www.planetquake.com/mahq

Comment

Working...
      X