Dos referesh rates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dos referesh rates

Does anyone know of any utilities to get better refresh rates in Dos for Matrox G400. Running Zsnes is ok but the 60Hz plays havoc on the eyes, what about VESA 3 support?

While I'm congtulations Matrox on finally getting OpenGL sorted for the majotiy. This card now complete kicks ass. Check the anadtech Ati Rage Fury MAXX review to see how well the G400 Max stays with it and Geforce.

50.9 fps Quake 3 demoTEST high quality, low geometric, no dynamic lights, no marks on walls.

Celeron @ 550
    Abit BX6-2
    G400 16Mb (no D/H) @ 142.5/190 (mgatweak)
    SBLive Value
    WinTV card
    Diamond 56i Pro modem
    Pioneer 10/32 DVD
    Fujitsu 8.45 GB Hard Drive

http://hjem.get2net.dk/surfsmurf/index_g200.htm

This is a free utility to support VBE3 on G200, G400, etc. Somehow the refresh rates on my monitor are even more messed up with it. But you'll get all the extra modes that Matrox forgot to include.
    Also try to set up refresh rates in the "Monitor settings" tab in "Display properties" (Select "Adjust a different mode", and go through them 1 by 1, saving the results in customization file afterwards).

Hope this helps!

------------------
    AMD K6-2 400 (Not OCd)
    64 MB SDRAM
    FIC VIA 503+ (MVP3) Mobo with AGP 2x
    MATROX Millenium G400 32Mb DualHead (not OCd)
    32X Max LG CDRom
    A3D 1.0 "Multiwave" Sound Card
    4Gb Fujitsu HDD
    Windows 98
    AMD K6-2 400 (Not OCd)
    128 MB SDRAM
    FIC VIA 503+ (MVP3) Mobo with AGP 2x
    MATROX Millenium G400 32Mb DualHead (not OCd)
    32X Max LG CDRom
    A3D 1.0 "Multiwave" Sound Card
    40Gb WD HDD
    Windows 98SE
    DirectX 8

Comment

Thanks for that, VESA3 support is in the bag, but the main issue is with refresh rates, is just the fact that dos only supports up to 60Hz refresh, or is there another problem, I've set all the major resoulutions used by games (640/16 640/32 800/16 etc.) using the matrox monitor panel, however using 640 x 480 @ 16bit colour VESA 2 on Zsnes (super nintendo emulator)goes straight into 60Hz, in fact any resoulution VESA or not uses a default 60Hz, anyone have any suggestions.

Chris

Comment

Working...
      X