q3radiant topic with G400 (G200?)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• q3radiant topic with G400 (G200?)

I've contacted Alex at Matrox about this multiple times when I was developing Kingpin maps, and now I'm hoping they'll do something since it's happening with Q3Radiant for Q3A as well. I contacted him yesterday to see what was being done and explained that it was happening in Q3Radiant now.

NOTE: I have found that if you rename the G400ICD.DLL, then run Q3Radiant (or Kpradiant), you can at least run it in a software rendered mode and I don't crash that way. I've created a batch file to rename the DLL, launch radiant, and pause. When I close radiant, I continue past the pause and it renames my DLL back. Seems to work ok, but a real OpenGL fix is the true answer.

Here's the topic I copied over from my discussion on Quake3World forums:
    From Rick KOOL:
    what's the problem you're having? I can enter no problem, 3dview seems to work fine (just tried it today, so I don't know if it looks correct, but it doesn't crash)
    I do have some instability though, whenever I try to select a texture from the textures pulldown menu, the program crashes. I did load up q3dm1sample fine though
    BTW, you may have a bigger voice if you say something in the forums over at http://www.murc.ws as it's home for a few matrox employees and beta testors...

[This message has been edited by Rick KOOL (edited 12-15-1999).]

From RoadToad (me):
    Quaker posted 12-16-1999 06:26 AM
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Kpradiant and Q3Radiant work fine until you start working with textures. That's when it starts crashing. Kpradiant wouldn't even load a map if it was textured, so Q3radiant has one up on it. Even Duffy's .plan said it crashed. I can run it ok in software mode by disabling opengl when I rename the g400icd.dll before running radiant, but that's just a poor fix.
    I've contacted Matrox tech support several times on the Kpradiant issue and yesterday for a followup and to tell them Q3radiant is having similar problems. I've voiced problems on the Murc forums many times in the past. Guess it couldn't hurt to do it again :-)

jws

Working...
X