Going Nuts with OpenGL - Help !!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Going Nuts with OpenGL - Help !!!

Damn it. Q3 worked fine with the TurboGL drivers the whole first 2 days I had it. Now nothing but a black screen when I start Q3 or Q2 with the TurboGL driver, even with the brand new just released OpenGL installed. I can hear the games running, but no video, black screen only. ICD works fine. I have done the following:

Searched for and completely deleted every G400*.*, PD*.*, Matrox, and MGA*.* file from my entire HD and deleted every Matrox entry from the registry. Shut down, rebooted, and then completely re-installed 5.41 drivers.

Searched entire HD for any other Open*.* files except the default Win98 v4.00 files under Windows\system. Even re-installed the Windows default opengl files from the cab files with the system tools just to make sure they weren't corrupted.

Completely re-installed DirectX 7.

Gone into Q3 several times with the ICD running, set everything to 32 bit, exited, then renamed the TurboGL file back to opengl32.dll. (This is what worked the first whole day I had Q3)

This is really getting irritating. All Matrox registry entries look fine, opengl version is correct, all G400*.*, MGA*.*, and PD*.* files on my HD are 5.41, etc, etc, etc. No other OpenGL or Voodoo files are on my HD anywhere except in zipped driver files. I think this started when I installed Unreal Tournament, but I run UT under D3D, so I don't know what gives here. Can't find any reason it should not work.

Any help out there????

SIMPLE...

Shut down your rig, go to the gas station, find an empty windshield washer can, fill it up with gas, pay the man... err... woman, get back to your PC, pour the gas in your box and put the power back on with a 31 feet pole!

Uuuuh... the part about renaming TurboGL file to opengl32.dll... What the...

In my box, nothing OpenGL ran for weeks with the std ICD of the 5.41s. Now I've just plainly installed the new TurboGL V1 and VOILĂ€!

YYYYYEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!

Q3AD finaly works and none of the renaming thing... just click point and GO.

bye now

------------------
    Celery 366 OCed @ 458(83), Soyo 6BA+III, 64MB SDRAM, Millennium G400 DualHead (486 cpu fan), SB Live Value!, FBall KA 13.1Gig (7200rpm), Mitsumi CR-4804TE CD-RW, Intel based 21140 10/100 NIC, Nortel Networks HSA1300 1-meg ADSL modem and also a ModemBlaster DI5630... enough!

[This message has been edited by MotherDawg (edited 14 December 1999).]

[This message has been edited by MotherDawg (edited 14 December 1999).]
    --
    Gilles Lalonde
    SysAdmin (.RPM)
    Linkedin

Comment

Working...
    X