Can't play UT with new TGL (k6-2)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't play UT with new TGL (k6-2)

I seem to be having problems with the new TGL drivers and UT, I used to have a monster 3dII in my system, removed it because i heard that the add on cards were incompatible with the TGL drivers, when i ran UT i got black screen. but i could still hear things going on, this led me to believe that my V2 drivers were still installed, they were, and i removed all the references to m3d*.* and 3dfx*.*, but i still can't see anything in TGL mode, what happens is a pseudo full screen black, but outer edges has my desktop with flickering, did i miss some files to delete. I am running PD 5.41 and agp 1x, i have the AGP texture size set to 256MB. Any help would be great.
    Thanx
    FrankfurtI seem to be having problems with the new TGL drivers and UT, I used to have a monster 3dII in my system, removed it because i heard that the add on cards were incompatible with the TGL drivers, when i ran UT i got black screen. but i could still hear things going on, this led me to believe that my V2 drivers were still installed, they were, and i removed all the references to m3d*.* and 3dfx*.*, but i still can't see anything in TGL mode, what happens is a pseudo full screen black, but outer edges has my desktop with flickering, did i miss some files to delete. I am running PD 5.41 and agp 1x, i have the AGP texture size set to 256MB. Any help would be great.
    Thanx
    Frankfurt

------------------
    K6-2 450, 128MB SDRAM,AOpen Ax59Pro Mobo, G400 Max Card
    Here is my system config:Athlon XP+ 2000, 1024MB SDRAM,EpOX EP9XA (or something)<b>Matrox Parhelia </b>
    WinXP Professional SP1
    Hercules Fortissimo III 7.1
    3COM 905C

Try using PD 5.30. Many SS7 users, me included, need to use them to get the TGL to work.

Rags

Comment

I am now using the pdesk 5.3 drivers and i still cant run it, i get the same thing happening that was happening in PD 5.41
      Here is my system config:Athlon XP+ 2000, 1024MB SDRAM,EpOX EP9XA (or something)<b>Matrox Parhelia </b>
      WinXP Professional SP1
      Hercules Fortissimo III 7.1
      3COM 905C

Comment

Make sure that you have the correct refresh rate selected for your monitor at the resolution you have UT set for. You can test it out by going into display properties/advanced monitor settings/ set display modes.

Rags

Comment

Actually I swtiched to 5.30s and still no go but then I found the fix muhahaha I switched my apeture size to 64 instead of 256 and all is working perfectly Quake 3 demo went from 1024x768 16 bit 20.6FPS to 31.9FPS GOTTA LOVE THAT Hope this fix helps someone. I have a FIC PA-2013 Rev 2.0 mobo by the way

------------------
          ***TRUST IN YOUR TECHNOLUST***
          <A HREF="http://jediphoenix.iscool.net/
          " TARGET=_blank>http://jediphoenix.iscool.net/
          </A>

Comment

Working...
          X