Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Q3 Models not visible

Hey All,

Since I installed my new G400 MAX and the Turbo GL drivers, I cannot see any of the models in the player setup of Quake3. The Icons are there, Q3 runs good, all is well, but I can't see the models at the right hand side of the screen when I want to pick some out in the setup ->player -> model screen.

Anybody have the same problem? I didn't Hax0r a thing in Q3, so that wouldn't be it

Not a major problem, but I don't want to be the only one in the world with it.

Thanks for the help!
    In case it's a harware problem:
    PIII-500@560, 256 MB, G400 MAX DH on, ABIT BH6, MX300
    Win2K drivers: 5.52

That was mentioned once before. I don't know if Matrox has been made aware of it.
    <TABLE BGCOLOR=Red><TR><TD><Font-weight="+1"><font COLOR=Black>The world just changed, Sep. 11, 2001</font></Font-weight></TR></TD></TABLE>

Comment

Same problem here FaRaN

------------------
      P3 450@504
      Abit BH6
      128mb pc100
      G400 32mb sh oem
      Mx300
      Kenwood 42x True-X
      Standard floppy
      6.4 Seagate Ultra ata/66 HDD
      8.4 Quantum Bigfoot TS(lol slave)
      Altec Lansing ACS-48's
      JBL Medis 2000's
      Soho 10/100 PCI NIC
      NEC MultiSync XV17+
      Intellimouse Explorer
      P3 450@504
      Abit BH6
      128mb pc100
      G400 32mb sh oem
      Mx300
      Kenwood 42x True-X
      Standard floppy
      6.4 Seagate Ultra ata/66 HDD
      8.4 Quantum Bigfoot TS(lol slave)
      Altec Lansing ACS-48's
      JBL Medis 2000's
      Soho 10/100 PCI NIC
      NEC MultiSync XV17+
      Intellimouse Explorer

Comment

Use the latest 3.41 full Opengl ICD. Works fine.

Thanks,

Sean

Comment

I have the same problem and have 5.41 installed. with TurboGL. What do you mean Sean Segel?
          Uninstalling the TurboGL is not a fix.

[This message has been edited by BuGGz (edited 12 December 1999).]
          BuGGz
          ASUS P2B
          P3-450 clocked at 600 (4.5x133)
          Matrox G400 Max
          Sound Blaster Live Value
          128 megs PC100 sdram
          Winderz 98

Comment

Hi Buggz,

I was having the same problem. I simply deleted the opengl32.dll (TurboGL) in the Quake III Arena directory (which makes Quake3 access the full OpenGL ICD) and the models were displayed fine. I don’t see any reason to significantly prefer the TurboGl over the full OpenGL ICD since you are only gaining less than 2 fps (at least on my P3-450).

Thanks,

Sean

Comment

I still see anywhere from 6 to 27 FPS difference between the two drivers on my PIII/450. I haven't noticed any other visual differences between the two so I'll take the increased speed of the TurboGL.
              <TABLE BGCOLOR=Red><TR><TD><Font-weight="+1"><font COLOR=Black>The world just changed, Sep. 11, 2001</font></Font-weight></TR></TD></TABLE>

Comment

Hi xortam,

There is less than a two frame difference at 800x600 and 1024x768 in 32bit. I am using High Quality settings. Also I manually turn up the texture quality to max and Trilinear filtering on. I would receive an increase somewhere near your numbers if I left those settings alone. I prefer these settings.

Thanks,

Sean

Comment

Sean Segel, I always use bilinear filtering. I haven't benchmarked the full OpenGL ICD w/ trilinear filtering (didn't see the point) so I can't comment how it compares with the TurboGL driver. Using trilinear vs. bilinear filtering on the TurboGL incurs a frame rate hit of about 12 FPS. What do you see with this additional filtering that you feel is worth the hit. I'll have to look again, but I hadn't noticed anything.

[This message has been edited by xortam (edited 13 December 1999).]

Comment

Hi xortam,

The textures are sharper with Trilinear filtering on. There is a substantial frame hit by turning Trilinear filtering on, but it is worth it to me. Unfortunately, with the current state of Matrox OpenlGl drivers you can't play games smooth with anything over 800x600 with this configuration.

Thanks,

Sean

Comment

Say FaRaN, et.al., They fixed this model bug in the new version of TurboGL (V 1.00.002).

Comment

Working...
                      X