Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Quake3 Arena + TurboGL? End the confusion!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quake3 Arena + TurboGL? End the confusion!!!

Im sorry for the new post on this but im confused. I cant get TurboGL to work with the FINAL RETAIL BOXED BUY IT AT THE STORE version # 1.11

Not the Q3Test. Not the Q3Demo. Not the Q3Final Demo. Blah... So before you reply please dont assume they are the same.

Anyway does the TurboGL Included with PD 5.41 work with the Final Boxed Retail Version of Quake3 Arena? If so whats the Trick.

P3 500, 128mb pc100, G400MAX PD5.41, SBLive 3.0, WinTV Theater, Win98 4.10.1998, DirectX 7

They do.

Did you run TurboGL Manager after installing the game?

What are your symtoms?

Paul
    paulcs@flashcom.net

[This message has been edited by paulcs (edited 07 December 1999).]

Comment

Mine is working, and here's what I did:

Start the game without turbo gl installed.
      Change your resolution to 800x600.
      Set it to 32bit color and textures.
      Exit the game.
      Run turbo gl manager & install to q3 folder.
      Start the game.

Once I followed these steps I was able to set the resolution back to 640x480 without causing problems on the next restart- had to leave color and texture at 32 bit though.

Good Luck dude!
      Matrox G400MAX
      PIII600
      Abit BX6-2
      224mb Samsung GH
      SB Live
      Netgear NIC
      Tekram SCSI
      Maxtor 20gig ATA-66 7200
      IBM 14.4gig ATA-33 7200
      Creative 5xDVD- no card
      Plextor 8/2/20 CDR
      Kenwood 52x CDROM

Comment

turboGL is slower than the ICD at HQ settings 1024x768

Comment

Thanks for the replys. I have TurboGL working now. I have to use the 800x600 32 bit trick. Still not sure if I have better results with TurboGL yet.

Comment

if it's like the demo, you could have also tried to create a shortcut of the EXE and add to the command line -safe

This should also work.

Comment

what about if the turbo gl utility can see the games that can use the driver and displays the list but when i select the game and tell the utility to apply the turbo GL driver the utility returns a message that it can't find the driver?.the sistem was reformated just 1 hour before i updated all the drivers and finaly installed the game,i set up the sistem following the set up recomendations posted on the matrox site(IRQ'S,direct x 7,no other 3d card installed,etc...)any ideas? any help would apreciated.
              note to self...

Assumption is the mother of all f***ups....

Primary system :
              P4 2.8 ghz,1 gig DDR pc 2700(kingston),Radeon 9700(stock clock),audigy platinum and scsi all the way...

Comment

not using the TurboGL or starting the game with :

"E:\Quake 3 Arena\quake3.exe -safe"

will work just fine with the turboGL

Comment

doesn't work for me(see above)
                  note to self...

Primary system :
                  P4 2.8 ghz,1 gig DDR pc 2700(kingston),Radeon 9700(stock clock),audigy platinum and scsi all the way...

Comment

the safe part
                    note to self...

Primary system :

Comment

Then remove the openGL32.dll from the game directory and use the standard ICD... it should work just as nicely.

Comment

OK I have the downloadable version of Q3 which is I think Q3AD.

When I start it, the blue console flashes by and I get a pale screen then BOOM back to the desktop in 640*480.

My std desktop res is 1024*768*32. It as its own IRQ. I'm running the 5.41 drivers on Win98se with DX7.

To my knowledge, Q3AD doen't install any OGL DLLs in its directory. In the "System" directory I have one "OpenGL32.dll" and its the original from Microsoft (v4.0).

There is also no "q3config.cfg" file anywhere. I've put one in the Q3AD directory from the net but no better:

Is this line OK: "seta r_lastValidRenderer "Matrox ICD for G400"
                        And this one: "seta r_glDriver "g400icd""

Also in the "System" directory, I have what the 5.41 drivers installed; the "G400icd.dll"

I think in trying to make it work... I made it worst. But Q3AD startup never changed. Which leads me to beleive that the Demo does not use the "q3config.cfg" file.

Anyway, anyone lives near Montreal... YA I KNOW, Matrox is in my back yard.

Cya all

------------------
                        Celery 366 OCed @ 458(83), Soyo 6BA+III, 64MB SDRAM, Millennium G400 DualHead (486 cpu fan), SB Live Value!, FBall KA 13.1Gig (7200rpm), Mitsumi CR-4804TE CD-RW, Intel based 21140 10/100 NIC, Nortel Networks HSA1300 1-meg ADSL modem and also a ModemBlaster DI5630... enough!

[This message has been edited by MotherDawg (edited 12 December 1999).]

[This message has been edited by MotherDawg (edited 12 December 1999).]
                        --
                        Gilles Lalonde
                        SysAdmin (.RPM)
                        Linkedin

Comment

q3config.cfg goes in the demoq3 directory.

Comment

Yeah, and do the ICD 800x32/32 thing, before trying TurboGL. Hmmm looks like you did already... so you can't even get it running with the normal ICD???

[This message has been edited by Scytale (edited 12 December 1999).]
                            P3@600 | Abit BH6 V1.01 NV | 256MB PC133 | G400MAX (EU,AGP2X) | Quantum Atlas 10K | Hitachi CDR-8330 | Diamond FirePort 40 | 3c905B-TX | TB Montego A3D(1) | IntelliMouse Explorer | Iiyama VisionMaster Pro 17 | Win2K/NT4

Comment

i found a way to use the turbo GL driver was to go to the folder where the 5.41 drivers were unzipped to and you will see that there's a setup icon ...click on it to start the setup procedure and you will see that only then will the turbo GL driver be installed in you sistem.the turbo gl setup utility will also start and check to see if you have any games that support it and ask you if you want to use the driver(make sure that you have direct x7 installed) go to the driver(of the game) information screen and you should see the turbo GL drivr being used,configure the game settings the way you like to play and apply them but before you start playing restart the computer(never hurts to be on the safe side)and enjoy.
                              note to self...

Primary system :

Comment

Working...
                              X