Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newby and OpenGL games [ie Q2 & Q3]

Hello all.
    I have just bought a 16MB G400 OEM, mainly for Photoshop work - it is superb!
    Now, I have heard there is GL drivers for playing Q2 & now Q3 in OpenGL mode. I can only run these in D3D mode, OpenGL does not want to know - says no drivers loaded or something.
    I have just downloaded the latest Matrox drivers and they talk about a mini-GL driver for P3 machines. Is this where I'm going wrong?
    >My setup: QDI Legend 4 LX Motherboard, 128MB 66Mz RAM, IBM 10GbGXP HDD, G400, Iiyama 4017.<
    Is my system powerful enough to run, say, Q3? And if so what do I do.
    Sorry for being a dunce on the matter, but I'm more of a graphic designer than a PC engineer/tweaker.
    Thanks J0n

Q2 and Q3 have no D3D mode.
    So you are either running in software, or OGL.

The OGL ICD is installed with the drivers, as is the TurboGL MCD. You should only have to select OpenGL in the games video options...

[This message has been edited by Kruzin (edited 12 December 1999).]
    Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

Oh, and since you are a photoshop user....would you be using 24bit color for your desktop?

If so, switch to 16 or 32bit...
      Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

Thanks for the swift replies...
        Yes, I am running in software mode, OpenGL mode crashes the game. Q3 says no OpenGL drivers or somethinsg. I run my desktop in 32bit mode, but have tried dropping it to 16bit also.
        And my CPU is an iinter P2 333 - with provisoin for a 2nd on the motherboard.
        Thanks

Comment

Working...
        X