UT vs Q3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UT vs Q3

I personnaly feel, after playing both games, that UT is better than Q3. The graphics are better, the gameplay is excellent on the G400, and the maps seem to require more skill to get through.

Joel
    Libertarian is still the way to go if we truly want a real change.

www.lp.org

System Specs: AMD XP2000+ @1.68GHz(12.5x133), ASUS A7V133-C, 512MB PC133, Matrox Parhelia 128MB, SB Live! 5.1.
    Monitor: Cornerstone c1025 @ 1280x960 @85Hz.

UT ALL THE WAY BABY

------------------
    ***TRUST IN YOUR TECHNOLUST***
    <A HREF="http://jediphoenix.iscool.net/
    " TARGET=_blank>http://jediphoenix.iscool.net/
    </A>

Comment

Quake3 most definitely, Unreal just doesn't have the gaming history that ID and Quake have. Plus, Q3 is just better for deathmatch. =)

Comment

Sorry erebus00j, but gaming history is crap!Look at the 2 NEW games and decide.I believe UT to be much,much better than Q3.Everyone is entitled to their own opinion but don't refer to old games.

Comment

I got both, and its clear, UT has better maps, and better game play options, and maybe even the bots are more realistic. and definately was more complete when released. But how can anyone say the visuals are better then quake3, I don't know. as far as visuals are concerned, Q3 blows UT away.
          I admit I really like the eye candy, so I don't play UT anymore. Q3 is a game that will be alot better if some good mod makers get in gear. I for one, will wait and play Q3.
          BuGGz
          ASUS P2B
          P3-450 clocked at 600 (4.5x133)
          Matrox G400 Max
          Sound Blaster Live Value
          128 megs PC100 sdram
          Winderz 98

Comment

Q3 showed me how much better OpenGL is than EVERYTHING else

It is just great!

I like UT better though not as cool looking as Q3 just look at the MAP detail!

Comment

I will agree that Q3 looks better.
              gobrob

Comment

They are both great games but I like the fast paced arcade style of q3. I love trying to make the running rocket jump on dm16 (or is it 15) to get the bfg and red armor. As far as looks go Q3 really looks much better. It just seems more solid and I love the fog and "blood" clouds
                semper ubi
                sub ubi

Comment

U.T. for me. I bought it, and I wouldn't touch Q3 with someone else's hands. I do like the blood clouds and the models though. U.T. just wrecks it though; great bots, great games (Domination owns me), great weapons (Q3's are still Doom weapons fer chrissakes). I ain't buyin it.

The Rock
                  Bart

Comment

I got both and I am terribly disapointed in Q3... UT all the way for every aspect...

Sorry but Q3 has NO innovations in it.. same damn weapons as Q2, maps sucks, single player sucks with these 2 person maps, the first to get teh good weapon will win everytime... yurk... I am disapointed BIG TIME at this game... was expecting much much more..

Comment

Working...
                    X