hey old school PC game geeks :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hey old school PC game geeks :)

it's kind of disturbing actually, my score. heh heh.

i'd like to see someone beat my 1310.
    http://www.gamespot.com/features/gsat99/
    ==
    "In Japan, I was in a relationship for seven years and my boyfriend never once heard me pee." --Miho Ogawa, 29, a Japanese waitress living in New York / Giant Robot 24

Great score rei. I went through the whole test and guess what I got? A zero... What? And I thought I was doing pretty good. Guess you need to have cookies enabled in your browser. Thats the only way I can see how my score was zero. Oh well sorry maybe I will try again later. Man it took me about twenty minutes to get through it. But I do kinda consider myself an old school gamer so I thought I would give it a shot. It did bring back some memories.

Comment

yeah i had to do elimination on the questions on some of the newer games. last year's edition had more older stuff, i scored about 100 points higher...i wonder if that's still archived...
      ==
      "In Japan, I was in a relationship for seven years and my boyfriend never once heard me pee." --Miho Ogawa, 29, a Japanese waitress living in New York / Giant Robot 24

Comment

That test was FAR from old-school. I was waiting for a question about how to blow up the time-machine in Rescue Raiders, or how the maze worked in Adventure, or something.

- Ash

------------------
        Listen up, you primitive screwheads! See this? This is my BOOMSTICK! Etc. etc.
        The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
        If only life were as easy as you
        I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
        If only life were as easy as you
        I would still get screwed

Comment

Yep, frist of all, the test has WAY too many questions ;-)
          and secondly I also expected questions about Larry 1, The Bard's Tale or King's Quest, etc...... THAT would I call 'old-school' ;-)

....(damn, am I really that old?) *g*

------------------
          - Syntech -
          - Syntech -

Comment

Whew...!

After all that... at least I got a 'Certificate of Competence'... I would have been PD pissed if I'd only got a Certificate of Completion... that "test" was too dang long!!!

I was expecting more old stuff too... so here's my evaluation:
            If you scored within this range, you've demonstrated a noteworthy knowledge of gaming history. Because you answered approximately half the questions on the test correctly, your gaming experience is presumably limited to particular genres or a particular time period.
            Yeah, well d'uh!!!! I'm sorry, maybe I just don't know the right people, but who really plays all the RTS series-- both war sims and fantasy-- to be able to identify which sounds come from each, and all RPGs throughout history to be able to identify which spells come from each??? Should I feel inadequate now???

Naaah... guess I'll just go back to GK3 ( !!) instead....

------------------
            Holly

Comment

412....shit...
              hehe

Comment

Working...
              X