Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No buttons on PC-VCR Remote?

Hi, there!

I just installed the 1.50 beta video tools in combination with the beta PowerDesk 5.15 and drivers for my G400MAX (latest BIOS) and Rainbow Runner G-Series.

Although everything seems to be working well, I've had two semi-serious problems:
    <UL>[*]The Matrox PC-VCR Remote window has no buttons! It only has the backgrounds that should surround the buttons, but none of the buttons are there (not even the Power button!).

Right-clicking in the window and selecting the mini-remote allows me to access the most critical functions without difficulty, but needless to say the inoperability of the main remote is unsettling. Is this a known issue?

[*]The Quick Connect program does not close when the "Cancel" or "Save/Exit" buttons are clicked. Instead, I can switch back to the intro window (where "Next>" brought up the new window) and click "Cancel" once my desired changes have been made and saved. Again, known issue?[/list]

-Kev.

[This message has been edited by kyank (edited 09-03-1999).]

Please, excuse my bad english.
    I have the same problem.
    It's a bug of the VT 1.50.
    The PC-VCR remote aplication try to find any files in the default Video Tools directory.
    When you install VT 1.50, have you changed this default directory?
    Until matrox support team repair the problem the solution is:
    1.- Run "REGEDIT"
    2.- Find "Matrox"
    3.- Replace all references to "C:\PROGRAM~1\MATROX~1\..." (VT directory)
    by "...your directory..."

Good luck.

------------------
    Pedro J. Torres Almenta
    Ronda (Malaga)
    Spain
    Pedro.

Comment

Just reinstalled my windows. Put PD v5.15 and VT v1.50b on -> no buttons on the Remote. I also didn't install in default path. Then I ran regedit as suggested. And all paths turned out to be correct!

Know what do I do? Any suggestions?

Ghydda
      As I always say: You can get more with a kind word and a 2-by-4 than you can with just a kind word.
      My beloved Parhelia was twotiming with Dan Wood - now she's gone forever and all I got is this lousy T-shirt
      |Stolen Rig|RetroGames Rig|Workstation Rig|Server Rig|

Comment

In the end, I removed Video Tools then reinstalled them, this time in the default directory. Works fine now.

-Kev.

Comment

I just had a round with no RRS PC-VCR Remote buttons on a new system!

Had just installed windows & got networking
          going so I could copy the latest display
          drivers(1677_431.exe) & RR drivers (rr210eng.zip) from my other system
          w'RRS.

After installing the display drivers & RRS
          drivers using WinZip's install & delete unneeded files option. After restarting the system, PC-VCR Remote didn't have buttons!

I un-installed the RR drivers & re-installed them wo/the delete option. Windows restarted, reported a 'protection violation' & hung.

It then restarted, reported a registry problem which it 'fixed' by restoring a
          'safe' registry version that was pre-RR
          drivers installation.

Tried uninstalling the RR drivers again,
          but uninstall refused - couldn't find registry entries. (sigh).

Unzipped the RR drivers into C:\matfol & installed them again. Windows again reported a 'protection fault' on restarting. powered-down & rebooted & everything came up fine. RRS NOW HAS BUTTONS!

------------------
          Verell

Comment

Hi Kevin,

I can see your QuickConnect problem here too if I have started the GetRight Download Monitor (as taskbar-icon).
            When closing (not only disabling) GetRight everything works fine here with QuickConnect.

Do ou use GetRight too ?
            If not please close all your background tools and try QuickConnect again.

Bye, Uwe.

Comment

My buttons disappeared once when I started to defrag my drive and then aborted it before it was finished, this was under Windows 98 so it might of been re-organized the programs to load quicker and this messes up the icons in the exe (just an idea).

Salacious

Comment

Working...
              X