TurboGL driver and Half-Life problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TurboGL driver and Half-Life problem

I have found a problem, and was wondering if anyone else has similar problems and if there is a solution for it. When playing half-life with my G400Max and TurboGL installed, I have NO problems. I do run into a problem however when I try to take a SCREENSHOT (F5) by default. The file is created and all that, BUT the file is BLACK. SOLID BLACK, no image. If I remove the OpenGL32.dll from the half-life directory and go back and take a snap shot, everything is fine. Now I'm not going to knock the TurboGL driver cause it has allowed me to play at 1024x768 vs. 800x600 at acceptable frame rates. (I play mostly online, so it makes a difference). Now I do like taking screen shots of my "scores" and what not cause I do fairly well. But I can't do so with the turboGL driver installed. Its a catch-22 for me and I hate it. Any help would be appreciated. BTW, this happens with both 5.30 and 5.41 turboGL drivers. Thanks!
    -Mad_Goose

Abit BE6
    P3-450 OC'd to 504
    AcerLan ALN-201 E-net card (PCI)
    128MB PC-100 RAM
    Diamond Monster MX300
    Matrox G400MAX
    Win98SE
    DirectX 7.0a

HypersnapDX will take those pics for you..

www.hyperionics.com
    Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

You beat me to it I was going to ask the same question. I have only just loaded 5.41 so saved me a bit of grief. I take it this is normal for the Turbo drivers then...
      PIII 450 128mb win 98 sp1 G400Max PD 5.41 Abit Be6 motherboard

Comment

Working...
      X