subtitle on MSP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• subtitle on MSP

How i can place subtitle in my MJPEG video using MSP software?

Stark

You could create bitmaps the same size as your video frames with a solid color background and white text across the bottom. Load them into MSPro in the overlay tracks V1....V99 at the desired location. Now stretch them out to the desired duration.

Once placed on a track open the Overlay Options and select the background color in the left keyframe window. Now select Chroma Key as the overlay type.

You can just have them flash in and out or you can use the crossfade transition to fade them in and out. You pick.

Dr. Mordrid

Comment

I subtitled a project simply by using the MSP 5.2 VE titling feature. The problem is that of vertical position. You have to put in a lot of hard returns to get the text at the bottom of the screen. I find from experience that it is best to use bold Arial as a font, allowing you to reduce the font size slightly. I find TNR is a little fussy for subtitling, but it may be easier to read. Always use lower case except for the capital at the start of a sentence.

You will have to note at which frames to start and end each subtitle, making sure that it is on the screen long enough to read comfortably. To judge this, note the time it takes to read each one aloud, very deliberately. It is very annoying to have the subtitle disappear before one has finished reading it, remembering it takes longer to read off a screen than off paper, especially if there is simultaneous action in the plot. I don't think it is good to have more than two lines on at a time, but try to keep it to one.

Subtitle colour is a problem. I, personally, don't like subtitles with their own background because it can mask too much of the image. White is usually best but if the image contains white or a very light colour at the place where you want to put the sts, you may occasionally need to use black or a contrasting colour.

Hope this helps

------------------
      Brian (the terrible)

Brian (the devil incarnate)

Comment

Working...
      X