No announcement yet.

How to make Q3 NOT always mouse look???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to make Q3 NOT always mouse look???

I can't make Q3 do a toggleable mouselook. I have heard of making your arrow keys bind to forward and back, but I think I may be typing a wrong command in the .cfg file Can anyone help me here with the exact lines I need to type in? All other fps games have a mouselook toggle. When it is not on, the crosshairs stay on the horizon. But in Q3 it always moves with the forward-backward movements of the mouse, making aiming really hard! Help. Please!

------------------
    AssuP2B ,iCeleron525(7x75), 128megs PC100, G40032megSH, Yamaha PCI sound, 2 small HD's, 42X Sony CDrom and 98SE w/shutdown patch, PD 5.30 w/beta ICD

AMD XP2100+, 512megs DDR333, ATI Radeon 8500, some other stuff.

Ok, this is gonna sound like I'm mocking you, and in a sense I am.

Have you looked through the menus yet? Funny that there's an item in the movement menu called "Always mouselook..." that's ON by default.

And funny that there's an item called "Mouse Look" with a key bound to it, usually M. Hmm...

Besides, everyone else will frag your sorry ass if you use keyboard look... so get used to the mouse.

- Ash

------------------
    Listen up, you primitive screwheads! See this? This is my BOOMSTICK! Etc. etc.
    The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
    If only life were as easy as you
    I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
    I would still get screwed

Comment

Hey Ash, In the latest 1.11 demo there is no support for a toggleable mouselook. I like to hold down the spacebar with left pinkie when I need to shoot up or down. Lift pin kie and it goes back to the horizon. Can't do it in latest demo or retail. It is all over other board and emails have been sent to ID about it. Not just my prob. But they all say that ya gotta bind some keys to make it work and I haven't been succesful at it yet. Help still req'd.

------------------
      AssuP2B ,iCeleron525(7x75), 128megs PC100, G40032megSH, Yamaha PCI sound, 2 small HD's, 42X Sony CDrom and 98SE w/shutdown patch, PD 5.30 w/beta ICD

Comment

If I remember right, you have to open to console and type +MLOOK or is it -MLOOK

try it

------------------
        Cya,
        J.

"Unix can be a cynical Operating System for a person whos mind is limited to a Windows user interface"

System specs:
        ASUS P2B-LS, P2-266, 128MB RAM, Matrox Millenium G200 (PD5.25), Nothing O/C.
        Running Windows 98SE & Redhat Linux 6.1

Cya,
        J.

"Unix can be a cynical Operating System for a person whos mind is limited to a Windows user interface"

System specs:
        AMD Athlon 600mhz, OEM FIC SD11, 192MB RAM, Matrox Millenium G200 (PD5.41), Nothing O/C.
        Running Windows 98SE & Linux Mandrake 7

Comment

Ok, sorry you are right, it was removed from the latest versions.

But you still have to get used to it. Please, by all means come online and let me frag your ass with flaming death from above a time or 12, then tell me it shouldn't be on.

- Ash
          The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
          I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
          I would still get screwed

Comment

Ash, I do use my mouse to look up/dn alot but when I want to move forward and back just by moving the mouse to do quick movemnents, I let up on the space bar to let the crosshairs go to the center. Works very well. I use it in all fps games. Since well, I guess Duke3d was the first with a look around feature. Not in Doom of course. But all quakes, Unreal,etc. Even Shogo. All I have to do to look up or down is hold the space down. Thanx for the invite. But until I (or ID) can get the configs the way they were, I would be at a large disadvantage. Maybe later.

------------------

Comment

Working...
            X