NHL 2000 Porblems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NHL 2000 Porblems

Has anyone gotten NHL 2000 to work with their Matrox G400. I've exhausted the possiblity of actually running NHL 2000. I have installed the latest Matrox drivers (PD 5.41), patch #2 for NHL 2000 and DirectX 7. I even tried to force AGP 1X and use Software Rendering, but nothing seems to work. I can get to the game menu but boots me right back to the desktop when I load the game. I'm not even sure it's the G400's problem but every other EA game I own runs beautifully on it. I'm interested in similar system configurations of those who got NHL 2000 to work. Here's mine:

AMD K6-III 450
    FIC VA503+ Mainboard
    64 MB PC100 RAM
    Matrox G400 16MB
    SBLive X-Gamer

Thanks!

NHL2000 (with patch or without) is kinda twitchy on my G400. Sometimes I have to force AGP 1x for it to run. Unfortunately, i don't have an answer for you, you already tried what I was talking about.

AMD K6III 450MHz
    AOpen AX59Pro motherboard
    128MB PC100 RAM
    SB AWE32 sound card (go figure)
    G400 32MB non-Max

Bill
    People call me a computer god; I remind them that I am merely a minor deity...

Comment

I installed and ran NHL2000 without problems several times (but went back to 99).

Do you know if the game is trying to run in D3D or Software? Does it come with a Hardware setup utility like NHL99 and older EA titles? (I can't remember, since I didn't need to use the utility for NHL2000). What other games do you have, and did you have to do anything to get them up and running?

Was the G400 installed on a clean system or did it replace a previous video card?

Comment

Working...
      X