Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Equipment Needed to create videos using pc??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Equipment Needed to create videos using pc??

I have a customer who wants to scan in photos, create a custom slide show with special effects, sounds, etc. and then transfer this show to a VCR. She will probably also want to edit existing vcr video. What type of equipment and software should I suggest to her. She has a fairly powerful pc already.

Hi Carolyn,

You'll understand that there is a vast difference between offering specific advice to current users and giving general to a retail outlet.

In other words, I'll try and help but it's up to you to verify whatever I might say yourself, and that there are so many variables that making specific recommendations is nigh on impossible.

You have to establish what video standard your customer is currently using. IE Video (VHS or 8mm), S-Video (S-VHS or Hi-8) or Digital video (DV or V8). This has a huge impact on relevant hardware.

What budget are we looking at ? Sub $300, $300-$600, or above $600 (and I'm only talking about the video capture/editing side here).

What PC expertise does your client have ? If she is a novice there isn't much point in throwing her in the deep end. On the other hand, if she is reasonably PC literate she would get fed up with low-end software in no time !

Please come on back with some answers and I (we) will try and help. If you get a happy customer, don't forget to spread the name of the site around, OK ?

Comment

Working...
    X