Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The opengl32.dll that won't go away, HELP!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The opengl32.dll that won't go away, HELP!

Running Mill G200 8Meg, win2k RC3 Server, the latest win2k beta driver. Opengl stuff like Q3A FULL and screensavers are screwing up really bad. I read fixes on the forum regarding deleteing opengl32.dll from the games dir to get games working, but when i did a search, my opengl32.dll is in winnt/system32/ dir, and whenever i try to delete it, it mysteriously reappear, i don't know what to do, any ppl can tell me how i can delete the opengl32.dll so the game will use g200icd.dll?

Btw, the driver is pretty stable for desktop use, but in games, it works only 50% of the time, and 50% lock up with the loading funnel on a black screen. well, can't complain much, at least i don't have to play halflife at 640x480 software mode anymore, when the driver does work, it's pretty sweet, i am
    getting on par performance as a win98se box, if not faster..

thx in advance

Abit Bx6, 128Meg Ram, PII 450

There is a big difference between deleting OpenGL32.dll from your games folder, and your system folder.

You don't want it in your game folder. That will interfere with default Windows OGL.

You MUST have it in your system folder. And it MUST be the originl Windows one. Yes, g400icd.dll is the G400s ICD, but it NEEDS the link library (OpenGL32.dll) in the system folder as well....
    Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

Working...
    X