Q3A: This is Not a Test!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Q3A: This is Not a Test!

Voodoo Extreme has posted several links to servers with the new Q3A demo. I suspect this is irrelevant to those who intend to buy the full game tomorrow, but if you can't wait...
    http://www.voodooextreme.com

Paul
    paulcs@flashcom.net

Thanks for the heads up! 30 sec's to go, D/L at 340k/sec off Avault

------------------
    Celeron 300A@464 2.0V, Abit BH6 G400 16meg DH@150/200, Western Digital Expert 18gig, Ricoh mp7040A, Pioneer 6X DVD slot load, Motorola Cable Modem w/DEC ethernet card, Soundblaster Live Value Ver. 2, Viewsonic GT 775

Celeron 566@877 1.8V, 256meg generic PC-100 RAM (running at CAS2) Abit BH6, G400 16meg DH@150/200, Western Digital Expert 18gig, Ricoh mp7040A(morphed to mp7060A) Pioneer 6X DVD slot load, Motorola Cable Modem w/DEC ethernet card, Soundblaster Live Value Ver. 2, Viewsonic GT 775

Comment

yup, and the turboGL is slower than the ICD in this new demo, which means turboGL will be slower in the actual game than the reg ICD. sad state of affairs

Comment

Tried the full under win2k, it works the same as the v1.09 testdemo for me. It's dark, the background goes grey scaled when the level is loading, and it's slower (than 1.09), but IT WORKS!!

Comment

I haven't been able to get it to work properly with Windows 98.

When I run demo001, the screen that appears while the map is loading alternates from black and white to color and back to black and white. The icons appear and remain in color.

If I change the resolution and run the demo without leaving the game, the game becomes completely unstable.

This was using the ICD. I'm going to try TurboGL now.

Paul
          paulcs@flashcom.net

Comment

Installing TurboGL solved all my problems: no black and white interludes while the demo is loading, and I can now switch resolutions without leaving the game.

Some quick and dirty benchmarks:

G400 Max @ spec/PD 5.41 w/TurboGL
            PIII 600 MHz @ spec
            384 Mb RAM
            Turtle Beach Montego Xtreme
            Quake3 Arena Demo 1.11

All settings at default except where noted.

800x600 32-bit color depth/32-bit textures
            Demo001: 53.5, 54.0, 54.0

800x600 16-bit color depth/16-bit textures
            Demo001: 59.9, 60.1, 60.1

I was getting between 37 and 40 fps at all color depths with the ICD along with the bad mojo.

Paul
            paulcs@flashcom.net

Comment

Working...
            X