Wheel of Time question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wheel of Time question

Has anyone else had the trouble that while the game videos are running, you can still see your desktop icons flickering in the background? When I start up the game and the beginning of the game starts (the movie with the Aes Sedai), wherever there are black areas in the video, I can sometimes see my icons "jump out at me" temporarily. Any ideas why? Thanks
    "The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and all science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: His eyes are closed"
    --- Albert Einstein

"Drag racing is for people that don't know how to brake and downshift at the same time."

I believe this is a bug in Matrox's Direct3D driver. I've seen it happen in several Direct3D games, and not only is it annoying, but it also slows down game performance (since it has to keep redrawing those blasted desktop icons onto the game!).

A temporary fix is to ALT+TAB out of the game and then back (that is, if Wheel of Time supports ALT+TABbing out at all -- I don't remember). Usually works for me.

If ALT+TAB doesn't seem to do anything in your particular game, try CTRL+ESC. Or press the <FONT FACE="Wingdings">ΓΏ</FONT> ("Windows") key if you have a Windows keyboard.

[This message has been edited by Spire (edited 02 December 1999).]

Comment

Another WOT question - how do you fix the annoying dithered coronas?
      You can just disable them entirely, but then of course you don't get anyhere near the ambience. But the big ugly pasted-on-looking coronas are just silly!

- Gurm

------------------
      Listen up, you primitive screwheads! See this? This is my BOOMSTICK! Etc. etc.
      The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
      If only life were as easy as you
      I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
      If only life were as easy as you
      I would still get screwed

Comment

Working...
      X