Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DeltaForce2 + G400 = Hardware Acceleration?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DeltaForce2 + G400 = Hardware Acceleration?

Will G400 (SH 32Mb, if it matters) provide hardware acceleration in Delta Force 2?
    I know that Voodoo won't and TNT will do that, but what about G400?
    Tnx

<font face="Comic Sans MS"><font color="#66FF00"><a href="http://forums.murc.ws/ubb/Forum4/HTML/001694.html">Sometimes the Search button helps alot </a></font></font>

Comment

Nope....in fact im very dissappointed with df2...it looks nd plays like df1
      Buy Spec Ops2 the visuals blow that away
      and it supports the max
      -paul

Comment

Well DF2 is really just DF1 with some bells on (32 bit voxel engine, more weapons, VON, up to 50 o/l player per map instead of 32, more bugs) so it is going to look similar...

I'd check out the demo for Spec Ops 2 before parting with cash though - the demo didn't stay on my system for long (begone you pile of stinky poo!).

If you want a good CQB FPS with eye candy and decent game play then, Rainbow 6, Rogue Spear, or the upcoming Sierra SWAT 3 are/look better, IMHO. But for now I'll stick with Detla Force as my favourite FPS.

Cheers

[This message has been edited by Opus (edited 23 November 1999).]

Comment

Correct me if im wrong but TNT2 provides hardware acceleration and in fact I saw it work. And so should G400, but it doesn't seem to work.
          And the technology mentioned uses texils (3D pixels)insted of poligons to draw the enviroment. OpenGL *can* accelerate texils, but Glide can't, that's why Voodoo doesn't work with DF2

[This message has been edited by Dark IvN (edited 27 November 1999).]

Comment

Actually you will never get hardware acceleration on Delta Force 2. That is because this game uses the voxel technology. It is very complicated to explain it to you right now. Yhe only things that helps the situation are: Multi Media eXtensions(MMX) and the new instructions on the PIII and AMD Athlon K7.

------------------

Comment

DF2 uses exactly the same VoxelSpace engine as DF1 for the terrain. It's been upgraded only a bit to add things like grass, but other than that there's no difference. It therefor plays exactly like DF1 which is very dissappointing.
              It does however include D3D hardware acceleration for flat surfaces of cars, tents, some buildings and the gun you hold. Turn the D3D on, swing the gun arround and lo and behold...
              I don't really see the point in accelerating these small items in the game. It has become more powerhungry (it played like shit on my celeron400/g200, df1 was fine on that, it plays ok on my athlon500/g400) because of non-accelerated grass and fog, and most of the game is outdoors anyway.

Want to have fun, play DF1. Want more of the same and want to get rid of that heap of cash in your pocket, buy DF2...

Comment

It is not the voxel 3d engine the problem with 3d acceleration, actually the terrain is never 3d accelerated by the video card(no matter what it is). the video card only accelerates the objects in the game(men, trees, houses..). The only problem is that your 3D card must support 32bit rendering(that is why Voodoo cards do not work) and DF2 DO run hardware accelerated on G400!!! I am SURE about that because I have G400 and DF2.

Comment

But, to answer the original question:
                  Hardware accelleration works on Voodoo2 and G400 by my experience, but makes no real difference to fps.
                  Just the bilinear filtering, which isn't that noticable

Comment

Working...
                  X