The scoop on Messiah EMBM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The scoop on Messiah EMBM

I emailed the question off to the "Messiah" (Torgeier Hagland) at Shiny Concerning the Bump in the game...

"embm will be done as a patch. There's just too much work too late in the
    development cycle to get it in for out of the box support."

Torgeir

______________________________ Reply Separator _________________________________
    Subject: Fwd: [To Torgeir]
    Author: teamego@usa.net (TEAM EGO) at Internet
    Date: 11/27/1999 10:22 PM

__________________________________________________ __________________
    Get free email and a permanent address at http://www.netaddress.com/?N=1

Pach Smatch did you ever get the feeling that only Matrox cares about EMBM? And when the GEEEfource, with the cube bump, is in more machines than the G400, (I'd say in the next few days, We will never hear about EMBM again...? Just a thought...

Cube environmental mapping is not a form of bump-mapping. The question should be about Dot-product bump-mapping, that G-farce supports, vs EMBM.

I fear that too, because the G400 is the only card to support EMBM (and the Glaze-vapourware-3D). Now, G-force, Neon250 and Permedia3 have dot-product BM. You canĀ“t do the same things with dot-product that you could with EMBM, but it should be harder and harder to get the programers spending time to support only one card...

Comment

I think the Permedia3 also uses EMBM. LOL, none of the more mainstream (read: easily available to the common guy AND desirable) have EMBM, so I guess this could still bode poorly for support of it.

------------------
      Ace
      "..so much for subtlety.."

System specs:
      Gainward Ti4600
      AMD Athlon XP2100+ (o.c. to 1845MHz)

Comment

I thought Savage 2000 did EMBM? No?

------------------
        Abit BH6, Celeron 450, Matrox G400 32mb "MAX", 256mb ram, IBM 10GB, DVD 5x, MX300

Abit BH6
        Celeron 450
        Matrox G400 32mb "MAX"
        256MB PC100 RAM
        IBM 10GB 7200rpm HDD
        Creative Labs DVD 5x
        Mitsumi 4x/2x/8x CD-RW
        Monster Sound MX300
        USR 56K Modem
        ADi 6P (19" Monitor)
        Windows ME

Comment