Matrox G400 and Flight Sim 2000

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Matrox G400 and Flight Sim 2000

Anybody disappointed like me with Flight Sim 2000. It seems pretty jerky and I have messed around no end with the image quality / resolutions etc. I thought it would rock on a 650 Athlon. I get about 20-25 fps but it's jerky. Flight Sim 98 gives me up to 90fps and it's as smooth as a baby's bum. I use DX7 by the way and have the 32MB (not MAX).
    How can I make it run smoothly (don't say run it at 640x480!)

elmes, it seems that FS 2000 is due for a patch that will hopefully address the stuttering issues. The main problem seems to be while banking the plane, as that is when the frame rate problems become most apparent. You will want to check out this Web site http://www.avsim.com/ and look at the "Microsoft's Flight Sim" forum. There has been much discussion there about tweaks to help reduce the stuttering issue. Failing two of the dash gauges may help some with the stuttering, as the sim is updating the needles at an extremely fast rate. But the general consensus is that the sim needs a patch from MS. Even FS 98 had frame rate issues in it's early days, and patches from MS helped there. I have removed FS 2000 from my hard drive until I see a solid resolution to the stuttering issue. When I run a flight sim, I need smoothness to provide the illusion of flight. Stutters destroy that for me. Hope this helps.

Comment

Like minds!

Ditto. I was REALLY dissapointed with FS 2000, and I too completely un-installed it after an hour or two. The patch had really better fix it up (the stuttering).

------------------
      ------------------------
      PIII450 => 504 MHz, Asus P2B, G400MAX, PowerDesk 5.30, Aureal SQ 2500 (Vortex2), Klipsch Promedia V2.400 speakers, DirectX 7.0, Adaptec AHA-2940U2W and Fireport40 Dual UW SCSI controllers, Quantum Atlas 10K and WD Enterprise HDs, Plextor UtraPlex Wide, S&F 4012 CDR, the last ISA modem, etc.

Comment

Working...
      X