More Q3AdemoTEST problems...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More Q3AdemoTEST problems...

I can't seem to get the foquen Q3aDemoTEST to run at all on my system. I'v just gotten a PIII for my computer to get th GL running. My god, things are looking swell, but Q3 won't work at all. Tried GLSetup and reinstalling the 5.30 drivers and TurboGL, but nothing works...
    This is pissing me off, since I'm an active player... Can't get no skillz in q3a if the game's not running.

My system:
    PIII 450@504
    G400 DualHead
    PC-133 RAM
    ABit BH-6
    Win 98 v 2222A EN.
    Dx7.0 (Came with UT. )

The Q3Atest 1.08 runs without problems, and I had Q3DemoTest running before I stuffed the PIII in. Tried reinstalling Q3aDemoTEST as well... The game just quits beck to Windows in an ultragammalized 640x480 screen.

Anyone who knows what the problem is and might be able to help???

------------------
    --- Zalo - More power to each drop

Captain-

I just made an interesting discovery last night and wonder if it also applies to you.
    Ever since I had the G400 (non max) in my system I always had a fan blowing cool air across it. In addition I kept the side of the case off so that it would always stay cool.

The other day I took this fan out and moved it a little so that it would just blow air cool air inside the case, trying to keep the case cool with the cover back on. After I did this, Q3 with the turbogl never worked. I Tyied everything. Re-installing, Q3, & the TurboGL drivers did not help. So I decided to move my fan back to the original position and it worked again!!!!

So, if you have a regular G400 (non Max), put a fan on it. If you have no fan, try opening the case up to cool things down a bit. But either way, try to get some air moving across the G400. For me, this seems to make a BIG difference. I even had normally very stable games lock up on me.

Good Luck.

Comment

Ack...

Comment

Ack...
        Sorry about the last one.
        I already have a huge heatsink and fan on my G400 (nonMAX). I bouht and exchanged the original ribs with a 3DfxCool-fan.
        Good try...

------------------

Comment

Check the other Q3 test threads. You may want to try TurboGL with the q3config file I posted.
          P3@600 | Abit BH6 V1.01 NV | 256MB PC133 | G400MAX (EU,AGP2X) | Quantum Atlas 10K | Hitachi CDR-8330 | Diamond FirePort 40 | 3c905B-TX | TB Montego A3D(1) | IntelliMouse Explorer | Iiyama VisionMaster Pro 17 | Win2K/NT4

Comment

Well it was definantly something that I did to my system that caused/fixed mine. Maybe re-seating the G400 will help. I took my G400 out a couple of times to blow the dust off. Now since it's working again, I'm not touching it.

Seems like Q3 w/TurboGL really pushes the system & video card.

Comment

Wihoo.
              Found out what the problem was...
              I used to have a Savage 4 card in my system a while back, and it's drivers has polluted most of my system. After a deinstalation of the Savage-drivers, a search and destroy-spree of all Savage-size opengl32.dll-files and oughneck removal of all my old 3Dfx-drivers, the system works flawlessly with Q3AdemoTEST.
              HL hangs every now and then and Q2 dies on me if the TurboGL-drivers has been run on any other game since boot, but UT and Q3 runs like a dream. My system even whooped a friend's gaming rig away, and he's cursing nVidia as we speak...

/me likes!

------------------

Comment

Working...
              X