Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UT startup problem with my G400MAX

Am I the only one in this situation?

When try to load UT (full) in direct3D a critical error message appear during the startup process telling me :
    (I doubt this will help someone...)
    "History: AllocPools <- UD3DRenderDevice::SetRes <- UD3DrenderDevice::Init <- UWindowsViewport::Try RenderDevice <- UWindowsViewport:: OpenWindow <- UGameEngine::Init <- InitEngine"

I tried to reinstall the game and even directx but nothing changed...It runs fine in software mode and the demo version of UT was running fine too(soft and direct3d).

Can someone help me??

I dont know what this means, but on anouther system with a v3 3000 PCI i get the same type of crashes with the first Unreal. I dont know what it means, like i said. I think it must be a problem with windows maybe?

But it works for a while sometimes...
    Dont knwo if this helps anyone out to figure out the problems here.

------------------
    &lt;/list&gt;
    PIII 450 @ 464
    generic BX6 motherboard
    G400 MAX : )
    Maxtor 13 gig UDMA 33
    Maxtor 13 gig UDMA 66
    Creative 36x CD-ROM
    HP 2x2x6x CD-RW
    64 megs PC100 RAM
    Intel 10/100
    Soundblaster 32 AWE
    DiamondMAX 56k
    Logitech Wireless Desktop (best $50 ive ever spent)
    4 large fans.

Comment

It seems that the only thing to do now is sit down and prey for a patch very soon...
      I just can't imagine that I'll be forced to run it in software mode forever.

With hope,
      Mamelle

------------------
      Cel400@500, 128mb, Abit BX6-2, G400MAX, MX300, Nanao T2-17TS, Win98

Comment

Head on over to the UT web site, they have a post about similar problems. Seems there is a bug with the detection of D3D devices in the retail version.

Good Luck.

Comment

start game in safe mode and after it detects 3d devices select 'show all devices' and select'direct3d'
          make sure you have installed dx7.0

Comment

My prob don't seem to be what they're talking about on the UT website because UT IS detecting a direct3d device when I start it in safe mode and choose "Change your 3D video device"...

------------------
            Cel400@500, 128mb, Abit BX6-2, G400MAX, MX300, Nanao T2-17TS, Win98

Comment

Working...
            X