Extreme Outcast problems!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Extreme Outcast problems!

I cannot run Outcast! When i reinstalled Windows last time (to get HL to work) i had to erase the whole Windows directory. As you all know that makes the registry totally clean. When i tried to run OC it asked for CD1, and when it got it i got outcast reinstalled. there are just one problem, and that is this: the install seems to have problems with directx. i see the "uppdating drivers if nececary" box apear and dissapear, and then the installprogram exits. that is no problem at first, but it isnt properly installed and when the installprogram exits it erases ALL my OC files. i have rebooted and reinstalled a few times now and it happends all the time. what is wrong?? It is otherwise such a good game and not being able to play makes me reallt sad. please help!!

PII 350, 64 ram, g400 32 DH

Yeah, I had the same problem. Me thinks it something with their setup program. I think there might me a patch out there, but I haven't looked. I installed it under Windows 2000 and it worked fine...

Comment

Outcast...
      There is a patch that fixes a bug in the install. The install process is crap, and crashes if you have DirectX > 6.1
      The fun part is that Appeal rejects the fault on Microsoft. Strange, because Outcast is the ONLY game I know that crashes during the install if I have DirectX 7...

------------------
      Corwin the Brute
      Corwin the Brute

Comment

I have been to the official homepage (www.outcastgame.com) and there are no patch there! Where can i find it?

Comment

try the following link
          http://www.avault.com/pcrl/patches_t...cast&size=1.28

Comment

thanks for your help! i can play it now!

Comment

If you have the American version of Outcast, DO NOT install the patches. These are only for the European version. The American version already has the patches and adding them will cause more problems - not fewer. (Guess how I found this out.)

RAB

AMD K6III-450; Epox EP-MVP3G5; G400DH32; Maxtor 10gig UDMA66; 128meg PC100; Aureal SQ2500 sound; PCI Modem Blaster; Linksys 10/100 NIC; Mag 800V 19"; AL ACS54 4 speaker sound; Logitech wireless mouse; Logitech Wingman Extreme (great for lefties)

Comment

Working...
              X