TurboGL for non PIII

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TurboGL for non PIII

I have tried just about every combination of drivers but am not able to run Q3 on PC setup. I understant that the TurboGL drivers require a PIII, so what do the rest do (shy of changing the PC)? The game constantly returns to that wonderful 640X480 blue screen.

I have DX7, 5.30 drivers (which I think includes TurboGL), g400icd.dll, opengl32.gll and glu32.dll in the system directory. I did switch from a V1 to the G400 MAX but am pretty confident that I removed all old drivers.

I know that this topic has been revisited but... Any ideas?

Nic.

------------------
    PII 233, G400MAX, 64MB, SB64
    PII 233, G400MAX, 64MB, SB64

Hi NicChap!
    Isn't your machine a little old? Sorry but Q3 needs a little more to run it playable!!
    Try to copy your opengl32.dll to your Q3 folder this will fix the couldn't load ogl subsystemerror. The Turboogl is included in the PD5.30 but it only appears when you have a PIII or an Athlon .
    If you have an PIII you also have an Turbogl button in the Shortcut from Quickdesk!
    I've installed the Turbogl at a friend of mine. He got nearly the same machine than m me and 70% yeahh really 70% more performance!!!!
    So go get outside and by an Athlon or an PIII and you will see the incredible perfomance from a Matroxcard. They are still the best.

------------------
    Celeron 300A@450
    Asus P2B,G400 SH 32MB oc@150\200 128MB Cas2 PC100
    PIII 700@933 on Asus P3B-F, GF2 GTS, 512 MB Infineon

Comment

Working...
    X