Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Q3A's incorrect textures on G400, when's someone gonna solve this?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Q3A's incorrect textures on G400, when's someone gonna solve this?!

I found at least three posts on this board where people reported the same problem but no one has posted anything to solve this. It sorta "faded out". Can someone finally address this issue and/or post a fix, please?

The problem is that in Q3A Demo Test, in places with certain objects like weapons or monster heads on the walls as well as part of the mouth (with the tongue) on the new map, there are bright blocky textures that look corrupted. That problem does not appear on my friends GeForce and V3 based systems.

Here are some of my system specs:
    PII-450
    Abit BH6
    128Megs
    MX300
    G400(32Megs)

Thanks in advance.

Hi,

I just tested this out with my V3 3000 and there are blocky texture corruptions in it, too.

Rags

Comment

Well, if that's true then it appears to be a major problem for a lot of people, so there *must* be a solution somewhere by now, except I haven't found it anywhere on the web. Can you post how to fix it or does everyone have it and just ignores it? Also, I hope you're not confusing it with "tearing" because the problem my G400 has with Q3A Demo Test is not "tearing". Basically, if you walk up to a rocket launcher there's a big block below it and instead of being the same texture as the rest of the floor (or at least the same shade/brightness) it appears almost white. Another place is the part of the big mouth on the new map is also "bleached". On Q3DM1 there a strange rotating object in the room with two statues but the whole background texture for that object is nearly white and you can really see the block stand out where the texture is supposed to be to blend it in with the rest of the scenery...Anyway, it really looks ugly...

Comment

Well, looks like this topic is being ignored again. No response from Matrox and no help on this message board. I'm returning my G400 back to the store for the refund.

Comment

Grow up and get a life. We´re talking about BETA software, a demo. So it may as well worth everything you payed for it. You´ve been told that the problem is NOT G400 specific.

So do us a favor, go get your refund, buy some other video-card and go complain to another forum. E-mail ID and insult them.

Comment

Yes, you've only made 3 posts. All here, all beligerent. Go get some Ridalin.
            Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

LMAO...I knew it! As soon as you post something like "I'm returning my G400" you finally get a response, sure it is with insults but ignorant people finally start posting something. Well, all I can say is "VERY FRIENDLY FORUM"

To Nuno's response: What exactly in my post is considered to be a fact to tell me to "grow up and get a life"? You're not making sense. Just wanted to post something ignorant? That's ok, maybe your next gf won't dump you

To Wombat: Before you post something, learn how to spell properly. It's "Ritalin", NOT "Ridalin" Maybe you've taken it so much that you can't even spell it correctly

Buh Bye, G400. Hello, GeForce

Comment

What can i say?
                I'm sure everyone here is happy your happy
                enjoy your new card and may it bring you joy
                Windows XP Pro + SP1 - Pentium 4 3.1gig - 1024mg DDR 333 2 cas - Thermaltake Xaser Case - Parhelia 128 - 3x Phillips TFT Monitors - Audigy 2 Platinum - 6.1 surround speakers - RTx100 - 5 HD 7200rpm (420gig) - Pioneer A03 - Partridge in a pear tree

Comment

Yeah, man, whatever you say...

[This message has been edited by Nuno (edited 23 November 1999).]

Comment

Just for your interest sake, Ive just re-installed my Matrox Max after having played around with a Creative TNT2 and The latest Q3 does not have the distortion on the Creative!!!!!!.........the Matrox is still great on D3D but complete shit on OpenGl and of course I have a Celeron......f@#k

Comment

Matrox is trying hard with openGL yet still we criticse..
                      And again.. why is everyone crying about the fact that a DEMO doesnt work quite as it should.. its a DEMO people, not final software...
                      (but my unreal should still run in 32bit :O)
                      oh well im buying it on friday)

now if the retail version is the same... im sure they'll be a patch or something. I'm sure matrox arn't going to sit around if one of the biggest games of the year makes there hardware look poo.
                      Windows XP Pro + SP1 - Pentium 4 3.1gig - 1024mg DDR 333 2 cas - Thermaltake Xaser Case - Parhelia 128 - 3x Phillips TFT Monitors - Audigy 2 Platinum - 6.1 surround speakers - RTx100 - 5 HD 7200rpm (420gig) - Pioneer A03 - Partridge in a pear tree

Comment

Do you have this same problem ?

The textures in STAIRS at that level where there is rocket launcher in bottom level ( you can see the lava through the floor blocks. ) I can see part of the stairs WHITE, and all other games work perfectly.

All latest drivers, bios etc.

Pe-Te

Comment

Looks fine to me.....

------------------
                          G400 32MB DualHead,
                          PIII450@504,
                          64Mb,
                          QDI Brilliant 1 Mobo,
                          Goldstar 32X CDROM,
                          6.4Gb UDMA SAMSUNG HD,
                          3.2GB Quantum Fireball UDMA HD,
                          Int. IDE ZIP Drive,
                          ASUSCOM ISDN TA (Internal)
                          10/100MB Fast Ethernet Card,
                          SB AWE64 Gold,
                          Belinea 10 70 10, 17" Monitor,
                          Hmmmm and a Floppy Drive
                          Geforce 4 Ti 4200 64MB,
                          PIII800,
                          256MB,
                          ABIT SA6R 815E MB,
                          Pioneer 104S DVD ROM,
                          Plextor 16/10/40A CDwriter,
                          40GB UDMA100 Fujitsu HD,
                          80GB Maxtor ATA133 7200RPM HD,
                          Int. IDE ZIP Drive,
                          512K ADSL Link
                          10/100MB Fast Ethernet Card,
                          SB Live 1024,
                          Belinea 10 70 10, 17" Monitor,
                          Hmmmm and a Floppy Drive

Comment

The problem with the textures is with the opengl ..and the beta icd...all looks great with the turboGl...i think it has something to do with the game because in earlier demos it worked fine with or without the turbogl

Comment

Now you have a clue why they call it "beta"

Comment

Working...
                              X