Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ms5.1 out signal

A simply question...

What is the system to send my .avi files to my VCR (JVC)in MS5.1 (or greater)?

Thanx for all help.
    Stark (Italy)

Hi Stark,

If you create an .avi file using the Matrox MJPEG codec, then when you play that file, using any player (PC-VCR, Windows Media Player, etc.) it will automatically feed the video out of the TV-Out port to your VCR.

Rick
    http://www.Hogans-Systems.com

Comment

thank for your reply

I have solve my problem...

Thanx a lot

Comment

I have Spoken to many fast...

Your solution is god, but if I have a MPG (layer1) file? (or similar - no MJPEG avi)

... Stark

Comment

Sorry, you can only output MJPEGS to tape with the RR (or Marvel).

It kind of makes sense, since MJPEG retains much more detail than MPGs. MPGs are useful if you want to reduce MJPEG file sizes for storage on CD or for publication on the web. Converting to MPG would normally be your last stage of video production

Comment

But, if I have captured file in standard AVI format (no MJPEG) is impossible see it in VCR?
            Stark

Comment

Well there's not really such a thing as a "standard" AVI. All AVI's use some codec or other such as Indeo, MPJPEG etc.

The Marvel/RR uses by default it's own hardware MJPEG codec unless you tell it different, and when you play these AVIs it automatically sends the signal down the TV line out.

Try enabling TV out manually and playing your AVI. Be warned though, it will (temporarily) change your desktop mode and looking at your monitor will give you a headache !

Comment

Working...
              X