Recording trouble under Marvel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recording trouble under Marvel

I've been having trouble with size recording limits and heve been looking everywhere for a solution. I dont get around here often so please forgive my ignorance, its probably one of those things that the answer is right in front of me and I'm too tired to notice it. I have the 2 gig recording limit that I've heard others talk about using Marvel TV Remote. I've tried recording with Avid Cinema and have an even smaller limit. The HD is freshly formatted and has around 12 gigs free. Thank you for your time. B-)

The 2 gig size limit is because of an old limit in Video for Windows. It has since been upped to 4 gigs but hardly any software, including Microsofts, supports it.

PC-VCR follows this standard and therefore can only capture 2 gig files. It can, however, capture serial files to extend the length of the total capture. The problem is that PC-VCR will drop a few frames between serial clips.

To capture serial .AVI's without drops between clips try Markus Zingg's AVI_IO program. It does a great job and rarely drops a frame when installed on a properly set up system.

As far as Avid Cinema goes, NUKE IT! Get Uleads Video Studio or the Media Studio Pro 5.2 upgrade pack...something....just do yourself a favor and get rid of that piece of junkware.

Dr. Mordrid

Comment

Thanks for the help, it figures that with all this money I've thrown into this system technology is once again behind what I need. I guess George Lucas doesnt use Windows. B-)

Comment

DrMordrid,

now now some people like that software...
        it's as easy as 1, 2, 4, 3 or 3, 4 ops-

evil

Comment

I'm teaching my dogs to do their "duty" on that bloody CD....

Dr. Mordrid

Comment

Working...
          X