G400(v5.30) & DX7 & Jane's WWII(v1.08F) freezes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G400(v5.30) & DX7 & Jane's WWII(v1.08F) freezes

Yesterday I installed my long awaited Jane's WWII. I had already uninstalled my G400 v5.1x drivers and installed v5.30 drivers. Furthermore, I installed DirectX 7 + DirectX6 Media over DirectX 6.1

I ran the WWII once (Fly Now icon) and it froze in the first frame. No big deal I thought: I did a cold reset and patched to 1.08F. No difference - Fly Now froze again immediately.

I started the normal game and changed the D3D resolution from default (640x480x16) to 800x600x32bit, but to no avail.

Changing to OpenGL mode helped, the Fly Now started, but I don't think the only available mode (640x480x16) does much justice to the game, my G400 and 21" Nokia. I want D3D with at least 800x600x32...

G400 32-bit Z-buffering is off. v5.30 Matrox diagnostics was OK.

So what next? Back to older, WHQL certified drivers? Tweaking ww2.ini? DX 6.1?

Any help is greatly appreciated!

My PC setup is:
    Windows 98
    G400 32MB SH, no o'c, original BIOS
    AOPen AX6BC with BIOS v2.41
    Celeron 300A@450 (rock solid
    64MB PC100 original SDRAM
    6,4MB Seagate 7200rpm HD (Ultra-DMA)
    Pioneer DVD-A03S 6x IDE DVD-ROM (Ultra-DMA)
    Logitech Wingman Extreme Digital
    SB Live! Value
    REALmagic Hollywood+
    Intel 10Mb Ethernet Card (PCI)
    AMD 10Mb Ethernet Card (PCI)

Try uninstalling WW2F and reinstalling it with the patch. I did i fresh install on mine and didn't have any problems with it...What where you using before hand for a video card before you put in your G400?

Scott

------------------
    Abit BH6 with a P3-450@558,128mb RAM,G400 MAX,SB Live!, Optiquest V95 19in montor, Asus 40x CD-ROM, Aopen 5x DVD-ROM, 2x CDR, WD 13.6 GB HD,SupraMax 56k modem

Why is it called tourist season, if we can't shoot at them?

Comment

My WW2F is doing fine with the Matrox 5.30 drivers, 1.08 patch, and Win98. Try uninstalling your drivers with the Matrox uninstall utility, deleting all Matrox files, and reinstalling the 5.30. Also, update your sound drivers.

I had problems until I reinstalled the Matrox drivers.

Comment

Thanks for the tips, WWII is working now!

I installed SB Live!Ware 3.0 and reinstalled DX7. This did not help, before I set 32-bit Z-buffer on.

I think WWII is going to take up some major part of my spare time now...

Well, one problem remains, but it's off-topic: keyboard seems much more responsive than my Logitech Wingman Extreme Digital. Recalibrating with small moves does help abit, but it feels a bit stupid...

Or is keyboard meant to response faster, like in a kind of "arcade mode"?

Comment

Working...
        X