Premiere 5.1 & the Jitter Bugs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Premiere 5.1 & the Jitter Bugs

I finished editing my video in Premiere 5.1 and used Print to Video to lay it to tape. It failed to show up on my VCR. If I just straight play it on the timeline then it appears ok. Am I missing something or does Print to Video mean something else in Premiere.

When I play the video off the HDD onto the TV it is jittery. Not the jerky way when the HDD is struggling but as if there are not enough frames to give a smooth picture. It's not bad and is watchable. The video was captured using Avid Cinema on the best setting. I know that MJEG is a series of still images but is it normal to be obvious.

I think the "Print To Tape" is for use with edit decks which have LANC or similar input controls. I know you can get an add-on for the DC-30+ which is called the productivity pack which allows control of VCRs.

The jittery video playback is a known problem with Premiere and Matrox cards. There is no workaround (that I know of). If you have clips longer than 2GB you have to use Ulead MSP since Avid pauses between clips and so does PC-VCR. Hopefully the output part of AVI_IO comes along soon and we wont have to use MSP for long clips (especially when it generates the continuous audio clip).

Salacious

Comment

Working...
    X