• Q3 Demo OR Test and freezing..

First off, the stats:
    p3-450
    Asus p3b-f
    128 SDRAM (Non PC100)
    Matrox 400
    SBLive Value! (First Gen)

Problem:
    In q3test or q3demo, the game will crash. What I mean by this is that the frame will stop and the sound will repeat. Only solution is to turn the power off or reset. Now, I was thinking that it was over heating, so i got a 486 fan and put it on the g400, still happens. Could it still be overheating? the m/b, cpu, and case are running cool (~80 for most, cpu at 100 or so). Could it be the SBLive? Please help. I need some spice in my life. BTW, I am not using the TurboGL, I tried using it but had another problem all together (couldnt get into q3). Thanks.

OK, well with some help from a fellow g400 owner and clan mate, we think we fixed it. It seems to be the SBLive! causing problems so like, damn the man and the little creative engineers. Hail carmack and Quake 1 CTF!

Comment

word...i got a g400 max and sb live value...i'm having problems with my q3 sometimes too...i'm using 5.30 without turbogl...it freezes once in a while...rarely...but when i use turbogl...it alwayz freezes...

Comment

Everything runs fine for me with the following hardware:

PIII 500 (at 620mhz)
        Abit bx6-2
        224mb samsung GH
        G400 MAX
        SB Live

Did you look into updating the SB Live to the latest? Also, look at the posts from a couple of days ago to find the solution for running the Turbo GL driver.

Peace.
        Matrox G400MAX
        PIII600
        Abit BX6-2
        224mb Samsung GH
        SB Live
        Netgear NIC
        Tekram SCSI
        Maxtor 20gig ATA-66 7200
        IBM 14.4gig ATA-33 7200
        Creative 5xDVD- no card
        Plextor 8/2/20 CDR
        Kenwood 52x CDROM

Comment

Well, I had put in a Awe 64 ISA card and everything was going great.. 17 ping with 20 frags and in first place.. then it freezes. Doh, guess that didnt fix it. My ram isn't PC100, could this be effecting it?

Comment

Ok, well, I seem to be doing the most posting here.. heh. I FIXED IT! It was just over heating. My quick fix was to take the side of the case off and lay it flat on the a/c vent. My question now though is what are the best ways to permently fix this?

Comment

Maybe one of these fans you put in place of a pci card would help...It gets it's cool air from outside and blows right onto your agp card. I tried something similar to what you did with a pentium cooler...worked fine until I had to turn up the heat in my house, then my pc started locking up again. This cooler solved for me though..

Grtz & Sorry for any bad English

Ed
              EdSki

Comment

Working...
              X