Q3A demo test (Weird textures)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Q3A demo test (Weird textures)

When on the "Bouncey" stage (as I like to call it) there are these marks on the ground near where you get the weapons. I see a block that is the entire texture block. But my friend sees only a blended texture coming thru with no obvious blocks to break the transition. I havn't experienced any of the other mentioned problems. I am running g400 dualhead (disabled), my Q3A settings are High quality with texture maxed and bilinner filtering. Any solutions?

Dont kill me but i am running a overclocked 333c@500 with 128mb win98SE, a-bit BE6.
    Here is a fan i put on it. http://games.inetconn.net/g400fan1.jpg http://games.inetconn.net/g400fan2.jpg

same to me...
    it looks like every texture, where something moving or reflecting can be seen on is rendered far to bright, almost white.

I wonder, if that also apperes on turob-gl, as far as i see, it only happens while not using turbo-gl... unfortunately i dont have the cpu necessary

HC

Comment

HI guys,

Yes,I see it.Q3DM1 and Q3DM2"Bouncey stage" at walls and ground white bright texture boxes.
      Q3tourney has too much white bright metalic textures.

Solution: New OPENGLICD or TURBOGL !!!!

bye

Comment

The turboGL seems to have the better display to me, with less artifacts and such. I get some of the symptoms you guys are describing with the standard ICD, as well as occasionally some texture edges getting "cracks" with the ICD. None of this with the turboGL. Unfortunately, for some reason the turboGL causes the latest Q3 TEST to lock up after a short bit of playing, either online or off (even just running the demos causes it) with sound repeating, etc. This wasn't happening with the previous TEST (1.08). So I'm stuck playing with the ICD for now. I refuse to disable AGP2x etc. to get this working. It was working before, and isn't now, so it's likely just something new in the test (OpenGL-wise) that causes my turboGL to be slighly more unstable, and hopefully will be rectified either with newer drivers or the final release of Q3Arena.

------------------
        Ace
        "..so much for subtlety.."

System specs:
        Gainward Ti4600
        AMD Athlon XP2100+ (o.c. to 1845MHz)

Comment

Working...
        X