Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SOLUTION!!! How to run Rollercoaster Tycoon in 1024x768 mode!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SOLUTION!!! How to run Rollercoaster Tycoon in 1024x768 mode!

This solves the problem where Rollercoaster Tycoon will not run in 1024x768 mode with the G400.
    1. Go to the Advanced Display Properties (click "Advanced" button on Display Properties window).
    2. Select the "Monitor Settings" tab.
    3. Click "Adjust a different display mode" button.
    4. Select one of the lower resolutions that you never use (ie. 320x200x8bpp), and click "Next >" button.
    5. Clear the "Allow Windows to use this display mode", and click "Next >".
    6. Select "Yes, save any changes..." option and click "Finish".
    7. Click "OK" to save and close the "Display Properties" window.

At this point, you should be able to start Rollercoaster Tycoon, and change it's resolution to 1024x768.

The reason this works is that, according to Haig, RCT queries the G400 adapter to see what modes are available. Unfortunately, it only queries the first 32 modes, and 1024x768 happens to be mode 33. By removing unused resolutions, 1024x768 falls into the "under 32 range", and is thus found by RCT.

Good luck.

-Chris

Good going Chris

Just make sure that any other game you run, it doesn't need the mode you removed or else it might end up not working too well.

Haig

Comment

Thanks Chris & Haig,

I just removed my 320x200x8bpp mode and ran RTC at 1024x768 fine! That's great because RTC is one of the few PC games I can play with my two and a half year old around.

Lfan
      P3-450@558 on ABIT BE-6, G400 DH (drv. 5.30), 256MB RAM, SBLive! Value, Win98 SE

Comment

Thank you for the tip! 1024x768 works for me now. Good job.

Comment

Working...
        X