Aliens Vs Predator help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aliens Vs Predator help

I had AVP running under the diamond monster 3d2 just fine...but i just got the g400 max and wanted to see how it would run but it wont. When it switches resolution everything is blocked out it loads up but you dont see anything...anyone know anything about this?
    -paul

There is a patch for AvP, have you installed it?

Rags

Comment

yeaup i installed it...well i dont know if there is another i installed the patch that allowed mid level saving

Comment

I had the same problem, it seems to be related to my MG400 and my speakers from Altec Lansing, the ADA305.

What seems to happen is that the USB drivers, I guess called Guialtn, was conflicting. So whenever I play AvsP, I would press Ctrl, Alt, Delete and highlight Guialtn and then used the End Task function. And that solved it for me. Hope this helps.

Comment

Ive got some weird results with AvP on my system. I started it up and it starts on the primary display. when i start a game it switchs to the secondary display and runs like crap. i can also move my mouse directly on to the desktop on the other screen. Quiet bizzare

------------------
          </list>
          PIII 450 @ 464
          generic BX6 motherboard
          G400 MAX : )
          Maxtor 13 gig UDMA 33
          Maxtor 13 gig UDMA 66
          Creative 36x CD-ROM
          HP 2x2x6x CD-RW
          64 megs PC100 RAM
          Intel 10/100
          Soundblaster 32 AWE
          DiamondMAX 56k
          Logitech Wireless Desktop (best $50 ive ever spent)
          4 large fans.

Comment

Halo I had the same problem as you with AvP after installing my g400 max. I also had a lot of problems with other games. I solved them by changing my Agp aperture in bios from 32 mb (which fitted my old config but not the new) to 128mb.

You should change your Agp aperture settings so that it reflects your systems total amount of RAM divided by two. I have 192mb system ram and 32mb on my G400.
            Thats (192+32):2=112mb, so I set it to 128mb which was pretty close.

Try it out, but take care when changing things in bios.

Kakakoka

Comment

I had the same problem try this patch

g400_avp_fix.exe

you can get this file from fox's website

it worked for me
              A-Trend Mobo 6240 V2
              Custom Heatsink/Globalwinfan setup
              128MB/PC133/PC100 Combo
              I-Will Slocket2
              PIII Coppermine 500e@690 FSB 138
              Windows98SE
              Matrox G400 32 D/H (Latest drivers)
              Soundblaster 1024 Live @3.0 drivers
              8.4 West Dig (ATA 33)
              6.4 Fugitsu (ATA 66)
              MS Intell/Explorer USB
              Pioneer 6/32x DVD
              Memorex 48X CD
              Altec lansing Sub + 2 satelite speakers

Golden Orb (www.plycon.com) being installed soon

Old Joes's Going for IT!!!

Comment

A couple of other obvious things - I have had this black screen problem on other games reinstallation of direct x 7 resolved it.

Recently had problems with A v P though and it looked like it was having a conflict with old 3dfx drivers, on advice from Strider (another subscriber to these pages) I did search for them and removed them - all runs well now.

PS - Kakakoa you talk above about changing BIOS for AGP settings - if we do this change as you describe and it causes problems can we just change it back? Will this give noticeable speed increase, or anything like that?

Comment

There isn't really any harm in having your AGP aperture size high, but there isn't much use in having it too high. Most people recommend 1/2 or 1x your RAM amount. Some systems show bugs if the aperture isn't set to 256MB, but that's one of those very rare, very hardware specific bugs.
                  I believe that the aperture size should be at least twice the amount of memory on board your video card, or problems may result.
                  Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

I downloaded the latest matrox drivers and did a complete removal of the old like they suggest you to and now it seems to work fine
                    -paul

Comment

Working...
                    X