What games are now EMBM????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What games are now EMBM????

The only games that I know of that have EMBM is Descent 3 and Drakken. That is it? Are there any others that I don't know about? I just want to use my Matrox to the fullest extent.
    Thanks,
    Ken

------------------

expendable, and a patch for speed busters.

Comment

http://www.matrox.com/g400/3d_gaming/bump/home.htm
      Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

Busty LARA doesn`t support BUMPMAPPING for G400!!!!!!. TEXTURES quality are identical to VOODOO2 when bump mapping is enabled in TOMB4 options.

g400DH32,voodoo2 sli,128Sdram,P2 450,Abit BH6,sblive, etc...

regards
        JOHN RAMBO

Comment

I thought that Drakken was suppose to be bump mapped but I can't really tell the difference. I wish these developers would make the bump a little higher, so you can see that it is implemented. Obviously you can't look unrealistic, but the ground, trees, and rocks would be a start for games like Drakken. The bumped dragon is alright, but I can't tell that the scales are raised. Anyway, my bottom line is if these devolopers are going to use bump mapping, maybe they should have a low, medium, or high. For some bump, more bump, and lets bump the shit out of everything that needs it. Just a little thought....
          Ken

------------------

Comment

Hey Ken, ever play Expendable? This game follows your line of thinking and so looks very unrealistic. The bumpmapping in Drakan is cool; anymore and there would be slowdown. It is only on the water and the dragon's scales.
            p3-500, 128mb, g400max, wd hd, promise, 3com

Comment

Slave zero has embm, but only on the slave as far as i can tell....
              AthlonXP 1700+@1900+(1.59GHz) on Abit KG7, 512Mb DDRram, Elsa Gladiac 920, SB 128 pci, ADI microscan 17in monitor, Pioneer 6x dvd rom,Ricoh7083CDRW, 56k modem

Comment

BTW, Unreal patch 2.25 implements Bump Mapping. It looks awsome this game, not just EMBM but image quality. 1280 x 1024 rocks! :-)

Will

Comment

Unreal does bumpmapping? I don't think so. You sure about this? I play it quite a bit and I don't see it. Unless it's very subtle.

The Rock
                  Bart

Comment

I have only got the 2.24 Unreal Patct (but it should be basically identical to 2.25).

What you propably see as EMBM is the water, right? Well, it's not! It does look great, but it is not EMBM!! If it was, it would look 1000 times better!!

MY COMPUTER SPECS:
                    Intel P3-550MHz
                    256MB RAM
                    36GB Disk Capacity
                    Marvel G400
                    And a nice roomy 19"!!!
                    And a quite comfortable "Logitech Mouseman Wheel" mouse

Comment

Ehmz...isn't it software bumpmapping that unreal supports? I think just supporting bumpmapping and supporting for the G400's bumpmapping (EMBM) are two different things (EMBM would look way better, I think)

Grtz,

Ed

[This message has been edited by Ed (edited 15 November 1999).]
                      EdSki

Comment

I've read somewhere (don't remember where) that the bump mapping made by G400 is "per pixel bump mapping), whereas normal software bump mapping is "per texel" bump mapping.

I.e. the resolution of the G400 EMBM is far greater than ordinary software bump mapping, because one texel in a texture may take up several pixels on the screen (depending on how far from the textured surface you are, as well as the resolution of the texture)!

I hope this makes sence. I also hope I'm right about all this!!!
                        MY COMPUTER SPECS:
                        Intel P3-550MHz
                        256MB RAM
                        36GB Disk Capacity
                        Marvel G400
                        And a nice roomy 19"!!!
                        And a quite comfortable "Logitech Mouseman Wheel" mouse

Comment

EMBM is the best that there is, hands down...I am not sure about the per pixel and such. But I do 3D graphics with LightWave3D 5.5, and I could bump map all surfaces. Of course I don't, just most. Everything in this world has a bump to it. The big thing in 3d games is T&L. But without a bump texture added on, the games will only look semi realistic. Yes, you need both and full screen anti aliasing(jaggies) to look PhotoRealistic. I believe that most 3d Gaming Artists have not looked into Bump Mapping as a viable effect yet. But as soon as they get bored of T&L. The EMBM will get its place in the lineup of effects.
                          Ken

------------------

Comment

Working...
                          X