Dark areas in Unreal w/G400 vanilla

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dark areas in Unreal w/G400 vanilla

I come across areas in Unreal where portions of the game will be black, but if I use the mouse to change my perspective the areas will become visible. This has only happened since I installed the G400 card, it did not happen with my previous card an intel i740. It also seems to only affect areas that are reflecting light, a wall, or hallway, sources of light such as torches are visible. Also if you use a flashlight (in the game) or flare they light up but do not illuminate the dark area. Has anyone noticed this before?

this have happened to me to. it looks like there is a piece of paper over the screen. sometimes it is over the whole screen, and sometimes over just a piece. i have seen it when i run around in certain places, but also when i have died after falling into lava, and when i use the sniperrifle. what is this? as TRDLE wrote this was after installing the G400, i previously had a V2, but since the game looks so much better with the G400 i think i can live with the black "paper"... but if anyone know what it is or what to do please help!

Comment

Its good to know I'm not nuts so thanks for confirmation of the problem. It doesn't bother me that much, I found two ways to deal with it, change to software mode, or change one condition in advance options (I think it was "nolighting"from false to true and everything is visible, but sort of washed out. All the dramatic shadows are gone so its not much better than software, but at least the frame rate is more acceptable. After I get through the area (so far it seems to only happen at the end of a level) I switch back and play on. I'm better than half way through and its only happened in two areas of the game.

Comment

Working...
      X