Haig , friends!,Please can you look at this Thanks :o(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Haig , friends!,Please can you look at this Thanks :o(

I'm getting the same kind of problem like Da_Audio in this forum.

It will be great.. if you could take some minutes and try to solve my problem.. Haig =o) thanks a lot.

I'm getting this message when trying to record under TV Tunner Input with one of the first Rainbow Runners with Matrox Mystique 220 PCI

"Can't capture video.The Video source is unstable or video standard is not correctly set" the type of signal standard is Pal

RRDriver Version is 2.10.017
    Powerdesk Version is 4.31.041
    Colour Depth : 16-Bit.
    Bios Rev: 1.8 RR TV.
    Mother Bios: Award . Soyo EHM Eteq.

PD1: If I change under video settings signal standard to NTSC I can record but in Grayscale. that's the only way I could fix this.. but come on I want in colour

PD2: If I use older version which is 2.00. beta release I can capture perfectly fine... (but Gosh ! I wanna use latest ones !!

JPaUL

Hi JPaul,

1 - What is your desktop res?
    2 - Do you get the same error message if you capture with no audio?
    3 - What sound card do you have and are you using WDM audio drivers?
    4 - Any IRQ conflicts in device manager?
    5 - Are you using anything from Norton?
    6 - What TSR's are being loaded?
    7 - If you go into Ulead capture, how many capture devices are listed and what are they?
    8 - Is it only happening with this one channel or all of them?
    9 - What channel(s) are they and where are you located?
    10 - Is the cable plugged directly into our card or is it going thru a device like a descrambler or a vcr?

Haig

Comment

Well.. first of all thanks Haig for helping me out.. I can give you this information.. to see if they're correct.. By the way do you know who I am ) I'm the guy who was working in Microsoft Corporation Argentine and once told you about an exposition with several Matrox products.. and told you about NT support with Rainbow Runner and you sent me a cd with an unofficial release.. ) and I also told you about the Signal Standard problem in Argentine ) come on.. you should remember )well anyhow great ! to see you again Haig.

1) Desktop Resolution 800x600 Bit depth 16 bits / 640x480-1024x768 same bit depth

2) If I capture with no Audio Mute I get the same error message.

3) I've got 2 different soundcards installed
      they're a Yamaha OPLSA-Sax WDM driver and a Crystal Sound WDM driver also I removed all cards physically and left only one with normal drivers not WDM still the same problem

4) There are no conflicts listed.. Matrox Mystique is using IRQ line 10 as well as IRQ Holder for PCI Steering.

5) I'm not using anything from Norton.

6) No TSR's Loaded. ) I hate TSR's !!

7) I get listed RR Capture device.

8) It's a problem with all range of channels.

9) They're normal Cable channels and I'm located in Argentine South America. Our Standard is Pal-N I selected my country in the predefined sets.

10) The cable is plugged directly into TV tunner no cable descrambler before.

You know.. something to have into account is that if I select under video settings Input standard NTSC well I get image in Greyscale not colour but In this way I'm able to capture... its really weird.. It's most likely to be a registry bug / problem.. maybe you could send me a .reg modyfing some parameters. One more thing this is one of the first Rainbow Runner Studio cards I can give you the serial EBA30879

Well don't know what more to do ((

------------------
      JPaUL
      JPaUL

Comment

Hi JPaul,

Wow, that was a long time ago but yes, I do remember you and the NT situation you were in.

If you goto TV mode and just click any channel to watch, is the signal clear or lousy?

If the signal is not clear, then you are correct. The reg settings for Argentina are wrong. The easiest and quickest method for me is to just create a reg file from the 2.0 drivers and send that to you.

All TV Channels are OK with the 2.0 drivers correct?

Haig

[This message has been edited by Haig (edited 09-27-1999).]

Comment

Well.. ) great Haig that you remember me.. thought that maybe you have forgotten =o).. well so let's get into the problem issue..

1) Yes If I Go to TV Mode and click any of the channels to watch the signal is perfectly clear.. there's not any kind of noise iamge is completely clear. And yes all channels are ok with the 2.0 drivers thats correct.

So It's really strange what is going on... cause if I use 2.00.51 beta drivers I can capture perfectly well in colour mode under TV Tunner so I don't know what's wrong.. I could tell you to take a look under 2.00.51 beta drivers and compare them with latest ones 2.10 maybe there's something that's changed.. registry settings and frequencys syncs that don't let me capture video, and you can make a .reg file for me so I can patch it and check it out...

Well Haig we'll keep in contact.. once more thanks a lot as always. =o)

------------------
          JPaUL
          JPaUL

Comment

Haig I will also like to know what kind of support latest drivers have over my hardware I mean rainbow Runner studio .. cause latest are 2.10 not sure which revision.. but if they have any effect over final rendering .. for example with any VEditing application, about M-JPEG decompression.. or it's just about numbers ) does it have any effect over Direct-X 7 installed.

Which is the best VE app you recommend me in terms of performance and reliability when i say this I refer to the way uses functionality with codecs soft/hard. And do you agree with me this first Rainbow Runner Studio is one of the best products Matrox ever released.

do you have any internal drivers for rainbow runner studio under NT ... but offering MJPEG compression not like the only ones released.. maybe you could give me a hand on this =o) they're just for me .. and I'm an NT addict, it's really painfull to work under w98 =o)... well hope you can help me out haig.. and thanks a lot as always .. Greets !

(PD): Got my E-mail ? It's PABLOGIZIRIAN@FLASHMAIL.COM

------------------
            JPaUL
            JPaUL

Comment

Haig.. this is really important i would like to know if there's any possibility of you for sending me a .reg file.. so I can modify the following item..

when TV out option is enabled and want to record to tape a video stream with video out.. As the output signal from Rrunner studio is PAL-B I get the output in Greyscale so I had to add a transcoder from PAL-B to Pal-N to record it in colour but as you know when any type of multiplexing algorithm is inserted in the original signalling distortions occur and do not look like the plain signal.. so that's what I want to do.. just to find a way to alter the standard of the phsyical signal coming out from TV out instead of Pal-B to Pal-N ... try to get me a .reg file ;o) thanks a lot haig..
              JPaUL

Comment

Hi JP,

Couldn't get on the internet today from work due to a virus attack on our servers.

1 - Main fix for the 2.10 drivers was that it fixed a re-compression problem we had with the 2.0 drivers. You can see this in any editing app. Do a preview and during the transition, you will see blocky artifacts and sometimes a shift in brightness.

2 - I prefer Ulead because of our cutlist support. If we had cutlist support for Premiere, then I would switch to premiere 5.1a as long as I'm in NT. Under 98, I haven't had much luck with Premiere5.1a.

3 - Yup. I agree that the RRS is still the best Capture card we ever made as far as a low cost video editing solution goes.

4 - "it's really painfull to work under w98"

Hey, you shouldn't be saying that, Billy might be reading

5 - I'll see if we have any kind of reg file that can help you out. I know that we never officially support PAL-N output but I'll check tomorrow and let you know.

6 - DX7 is only supported with the display drivers for our G cards. Anything before it won't work to well.

Haig

Comment

Hey .. Haig =o) thanks a lot for answering me.. =o) like always..

So there's no way of MJPEG support of RR under NT.. Hey Haig by the way so you tell me that Media studio is the best app for rainbow runner .. which version ? ? I want to know if the applications released with RR-G series.. work with my RR =o) they should..
                  Hey I want to know If I can give you my new address cause I moved from where I was living and when I registered I received all software from Matrox to that address.. this was a long time ago.. I want to know if there's any chance to receive all applications including Mediastudio since I moved.. =o) then we can arrange if I can send you to any e-mail my info =o) ok.. that would be great.
                  what about video tools? I haven't tried them yet.. any kind of performance enhancement..
                  Haig.. I want to know about an application to convert MJPEG files.. to a standard format like mpeg for example but really fast I want software only solution I tried Ligoos Encoder have you tried it it's great.. but would like to try another ) maybe you have a clearer idea. =o)...
                  You know something right now.. I'm dedicating myself to work idependantly as a technical support engineer.. for different kind of problems solving conflicts .. troubleshooting everthying involved undre microsoft platforms I'm about to receive myself as MCSE.. I want to know maybe you have a broader view.. of job opportunity at Matrox ) I can send you my CV ) ok..

Well.. as always thansk a lot ) for everything.. and hey tell me about your life =o) ok.

I want to know something.. I've got this videoediting machine with Mystique220 and RRuner.. and I want to add a 3dfx card a banshee I tried to install it .. but everything didn't work well.. there were problems with power remote about colour depth.. and power desk not initializing properly.. help my out on this Haig...
                  well..to finish I wanted to tell you about the Pal-N issue and about the problem that I can't capture with TV Tunner remember? with 2.10 drivers.. check that out please.. compare drivers with 2.00.051/60 which are the ones which work for me. =o)

Greets!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! JP

------------------
                  JPaUL
                  JPaUL

Comment

=)
                    JPaUL

Comment

Dear Haig,

Could you please share your solution to this topic with the rest of Us?

Thanks

Daniel

Comment

holy bump batman!

see if this page can help you at all..

We have enough youth - What we need is a fountain of smart!

i7-920, 6GB DDR3-1600, HD4870X2, Dell 27" LCD

Comment

I don't think Adis would be of any help becuase this is about the old Rainbow Runner Studio card.

Could you please share your solution to this topic with the rest of Us?
                          No solution unfortunately becuase under NT, all you can get is RGB capture.

Comment

Haig,

I mean about the black and white problem for capture in the old Rainbow Runner Studio card under w98se.
                            Thanks

Comment

The problem is in the 1st post of this topic

Comment

Working...
                              X