Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anybody having Matrox Age of Kings problems?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody having Matrox Age of Kings problems?

Age of Kings has a few killer bugs which effectively prevent me from playing it on my system. I have an Asus P2B mobo, PIII 600, G400 Max, 128 RAM, and MX 300 sound.

People on the AOK sites are reporting two big problems that I also suffer - random system freeze-ups in the middle of a game and choppy gameplay on high-end systems. These appear to be game bugs common to many sytems.

However, I have one problem that may just be a Matrox problem. When I start an actual game (not the game selection screen) and Win98 chucks the Windows destop, I notice that the games I play first show a quarter-screen black box in the upper left corner of the screen while the Windows destop goes dim or white. Then the black box expands to fill the whole screen with the game action.

In AOK, the black box does not expand when the game kicks in, so the game is playing in the quarter-screen box while the Windows desktop remains with a wierd blue-green color.

I can get the game to go full screen only by clicking and drawing boxes all over the screen until AOK goes full screen. I still don't know what triggers it.

Any help on this? It is a real annoyance, and I wonder if it is something unique to Matrox?

Thanks.

That's strange. I have a PIII-600 and a MAX also, but I have never had this problem. Starts up fine for me.

------------------
    Kind Regards,

KvH

Comment

I don't get any problem like that at all (sorry, that's hardly helpful is it!) I do get screen corruption though like loads of "_" marks across the screen.

G200/PII-266/128mb RAM.

Comment

Working...
      X