Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AOEII - horrendous screen corruption - please help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AOEII - horrendous screen corruption - please help!

Just installed AOEII and have a problem...
    I get small black lines appearing as the game progresses that look like "_" an underscore.
    I also get lines of corrupted colours when a new building is added etc.
    I'm getting it with anything above and including 800x600 and the detail selected at anything from low to high.
    I can run Unreal Tuornament with a beautiful display at a superb speed, so what gives with AOEII?
    I have a G200 BIOS 2.3-11 and Powerdesk 5.25.019 (as shown in properties).
    Obviously I'll update the Powerdesk in case it's that (I hadn't bothered as everything else is ok).
    Direct X7 and a permanent 200mb swap file BTW.
    I have seen similar corruption in PSP5 when I get really crazy with loads going on, but the AOEII corruption is the as soon as the game boots.
    Your expert help will, as always, be gratefully received!

------------------
    PII-266, G200, 128mb, Win95b.
    PII-266, G200, 128mb, AL440LX Mobo, Win95b - man that's looking tired.

I ran aoe2 on my g200 just fine! let win95 do your swap file?

Comment

I don' have the problem that you describe but i have a problem with the deathmatch/random match..

When i choose either one i start the build up the villiage etc but after about 5 mins a message come up saying that too may birds have flown over my opponents villiage and he quits... Just like that... Something is f*&%£d up right here with this game....
      Anybody got any ideas. I think its just a bug with the game.
      AthlonXP 1700+@1900+(1.59GHz) on Abit KG7, 512Mb DDRram, Elsa Gladiac 920, SB 128 pci, ADI microscan 17in monitor, Pioneer 6x dvd rom,Ricoh7083CDRW, 56k modem

Comment

Working...
      X