Capturing Final Fantasy VIII FMV Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Capturing Final Fantasy VIII FMV Problem

I'm trying to make an "Eyes On Me" music video using the full motion video from the Final Fantasy VIII game. I recorded the full motion video on VHS first. And then I plugged my VCR to the capture card. I'm using an Asus 3800TVR card.

My problem is, it doesn't work. The FMV shows up like glitchy still frames of the video. Most of the times, the video doesn't even move. Does anyone have experience doing this type of capturing? Am I using the wrong card or did Sony and Square put some type of block on it so people like me can abuse the beautiful videos?

I tried using different modes like, NTSC-N, NTSC-M, NTSC 4.43, PAL-BGHI, PAL-N, PAL-M, and PAL 4.43. Nothing works. It's very frustrating.

Can anyone out there shed some light on this situation? I'm kinda desperate.

Thanks in advance.

i have mpegs, so it can be ripped.
    ==
    "In Japan, I was in a relationship for seven years and my boyfriend never once heard me pee." --Miho Ogawa, 29, a Japanese waitress living in New York / Giant Robot 24

Comment

do u mean that you've successfully ripped it off? please tell me how you did it. I would really appreciate it.

Comment

Working...
      X