new SlaveZero crashes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new SlaveZero crashes

It starts loading and just when it seems about to start.....CRASH to desktop
    Anyone else?
    gobrob

same problem here, it loads with a splash screen of the character and then suddenly changes goes blank as if changing res. and just crashes back to desktop

Comment

Ive putzed around with the ini files and if you delete the szoptions.ini,then hit .exe you can change some options.Ive changed and tinkered and still cant get into the game.Has anyone?

Comment

I played the demo with no problems, except after I died the first time and went to restart my game, it locked my machine up solid. I'm dissapointed overall though. Dunno what I did different than you guys. When I first ran the demo, I went straight to video options and changed it to 1024x768x32bit and turned bump mapping on. Then I reconfigured the controls and it ran no problem the first time, until that crash.

The Rock
        Bart

Comment

I played slavezero with no problems at all, The only thing that anoyed me was there was only one level for a 66mb download.... crap - i was just getting into it..
          AthlonXP 1700+@1900+(1.59GHz) on Abit KG7, 512Mb DDRram, Elsa Gladiac 920, SB 128 pci, ADI microscan 17in monitor, Pioneer 6x dvd rom,Ricoh7083CDRW, 56k modem

Comment

hominid - there are two levels. Edit SZoptions.ini and change Show Options=0 to =1. You should now be able to specify which level to browse to the levelzip file you want eg M09_A.zip.
            There are lots of other useful settings also...

Tony.
            FT.

Comment

Its something audio....after it crashes I have no audio.....

Comment

Cheers Tony.. i'll have a good poke around to see what else can be changed/altered/enhanced..
                AthlonXP 1700+@1900+(1.59GHz) on Abit KG7, 512Mb DDRram, Elsa Gladiac 920, SB 128 pci, ADI microscan 17in monitor, Pioneer 6x dvd rom,Ricoh7083CDRW, 56k modem

Comment

There is an error in one of the ini files

edit Renderer DLL=C:\Program files\Infogrames\Slave Zero Demo\d3d.dll.

in the SZoptions.ini file, (in one case it reads Renderer DLL=C:\d3d.dll), which is wrong.

W.

Comment

I've got the same problem here aswell.

I noticed that in the ini file too whiplash, and pointed it in the right direction but it didn't help.

I've noticed heaps of others having the exact same problem. Too many in fact. Must be a bug in the demo. With any luck they'll release a SMALL patch in the next few days.

Clint

[This message has been edited by Clint (edited 07 November 1999).]
                    Intel Celeron 300A @ 464mhz
                    Abit BH6 with LN BIOS
                    192MB PC100 SDRAM
                    Matrox G400 16MB @ ~132/174 (105%)
                    Xitel Storm Platinum Vortex2 (A3D 2.0)
                    Quantum KA 9.1GB 7200rpm
                    Western Digital Caviar 8.4GB 5400rpm
                    Pioneer 6x/32x DVD (Slot load)
                    Acer 76c 17" Monitor
                    MS IntelliMouse Explorer USB
                    MS Sidewinder FF Joystick
                    CTS PCI network card
                    56k ext modem, HP Deskjet600
                    UMAX 1220U USB Scanner
                    Windows98 SP1, DirectX7

Comment

Thanks whiiplash, got it going for me.too bad the game so far is unimpressive,for a game that has gone gold,there sure are a lot of clipping problems and very poor AI

Comment

Come on guys!!!
                        Get to the point
                        Does some one solve the problem if do explain to us how!?
                        Thank you!!!
                        --------------
                        System Specs:
                        Operation System: Microsoft Windows Millennium Edition (Final Release)
                        Case (chassis): Moded Antec Gemstone Case (300watt p.s)
                        CPU: Intel P3 800e@1033 (Slot) (cb0)
                        Memory: 128MB Mushkin High Performance REV2
                        Motherboard: Asus P3V4X (bios 1005)
                        Video card: Matrox Millenium G400 Max (Drivers 6.14)
                        Sound card: Sound Blaster Live! X-Gamer
                        Hard drive: IBM Deskstar 75GXP (15gb)
                        DVD-ROM drive: Aopen DVD-1640-PRO (Slot version)
                        Mouse: Microsoft IntelliMouse Explorer (With EverGlide GIGANTA)
                        Keyboard: Compact Generic
                        Monitor: Mag XJ700T
                        Speakers: Altec Lansing ATP3 (For the front)
                        Sony Sound System (For the back)
                        Joystick: Microsoft SideWinder ForceFeedback 2

Comment

Try turning of EAX and Sound Hardware (i.e. 1 to 0) in the SZoptions ini. I have a Matrox G400 max and a Sblive, and by doing so , I finally got the demo working.

Comment

I've turned off EAX, pointed to the correct dir for d3d.dll, but I still get the same crash. Those of us who are crashing MUST have something in common...

I'm running
                            Win98SE
                            PIII 450
                            G400 MAX (5.30.007)
                            DX7
                            Diamond MX300 (latest Aureal ref drivers)

Comment

I was just playing the Slave Zero OEM version that came with my Aureal SQ2500. No problems with the game itself. Had to check 1600X1200 32bit color with everything on. Absolutely gorgeous, but a bit slow. At 1024 X 768 32 bit no problems. I don't know how much the game has changed from this OEM version to the new demo.

------------------
                              ------------------------

PIII450 => 504 MHz, Asus P2B, G400MAX, PowerDesk 5.30, Aureal 2500 Vortex2, DirectX 7.0, Adaptec AHA-2940UW and Fireport40 Dual UW SCSI controllers, etc.

Comment

Working...
                              X