Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are the correct bios settings for a G400?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What are the correct bios settings for a G400?

Ive read a lot of different things browsing the forums..
    cache on/off
    video shadowing???
    system bios shadowing???
    AGP 128?
    or ive read that your AGP should be half your ram size? i have 128mg so in my case it would be 64
    agp read write enabled or disabled?

Does anyone know what the definitve bios settings for my Marvel G400 are????

also on some games i get sporadic jerks sometimes when turning corners its not a major thing but i was wondering if it was cus i had my settings wrong or maybe cos my cards only 16mg?? though Q3test with everything on in 800x600 is smooth?

Hope you excellent knowledgeable people can help
    :O)
    CMB
    Windows XP Pro + SP1 - Pentium 4 3.1gig - 1024mg DDR 333 2 cas - Thermaltake Xaser Case - Parhelia 128 - 3x Phillips TFT Monitors - Audigy 2 Platinum - 6.1 surround speakers - RTx100 - 5 HD 7200rpm (420gig) - Pioneer A03 - Partridge in a pear tree

Turn off all video cacheing and shadowing.

AGP aperture to either 128 or 256 (even with only 128meg of RAM in the system). Try both settings, and go with the one that runs best. Results seem to vary. Mine runs fine at 128 or 256, while some need to run at 256 just to get it to boot up. G400 doesn't seem to like only 64 for the most part, but some say it works for them. I see a definate loss in performance if I go that low.

Post your specific config (we don't even know what kinda processor/mobo you have), and I'm sure someone has something similar, and will be able to offer more specific advice...
    Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

Good point
      you people need to know details :O)
      PIII 450@475
      Jetway BX200 Motherboard, using via chipset with 4in1 drivers

128mg ram
      and running W98 SE though that probably wont matter :O)

i have agp set at its highest (128)
      and i have all video cacheing and shadowing off as well as agp read and write enabled

could someone test there system using the PCI/AGP thingy tell me what results i should be getting, that way i can compare mine and see if its set for optimium Greatness

a good idea, no?
      Windows XP Pro + SP1 - Pentium 4 3.1gig - 1024mg DDR 333 2 cas - Thermaltake Xaser Case - Parhelia 128 - 3x Phillips TFT Monitors - Audigy 2 Platinum - 6.1 surround speakers - RTx100 - 5 HD 7200rpm (420gig) - Pioneer A03 - Partridge in a pear tree

Comment

Working...
      X