Installing TurboGL?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Installing TurboGL?

I know that I must be a dopuy plonker for not having worked something as simple as this out, but how does one go about 'installing' the TurboGL?

I was previously running the PD5.25 drivers, i then bought a P3-450, bunged in the PC, downloaded the 4-part PD5.30 drivers from the Matrox FTP site. I ran the install program, and it doesn't seem to do much (ie, it asks for the next 'disk' almost instantly after it starts).

It finishes by wanting to reboot the PC, and when i restart nothing is changed (except loads of image corruption in Half-life OGL). I was under the impression that something somewhere should have searched my hard disk for games that the TGL supports and would automatically plonk said TGL in the game's folder. In HL, I can still only choose Default or 3Dfx miniGl in OGL. Is this right?

Before you all jump on me, i have searched through pretty much every thread that mentions the TurboGL to see if this has already been answered, but EVERYONE else seems to have found the installation process a tad simpler than me. Am I just having a d'oh! moment?

Cheers

AL

--------------------------
    P3-450; 96MB RAM; Abit BX6 Rev1 mobo with latest BIOS; G400 Max; SBLiveValue; maxtor Diamondmax 17.2Gb HD; Pioneer 6x slot DVD; HP 2x CDRW

Hi Alex,

Do you see that little blue monitor icon in your system tray, right click on it and select TurboGL Manager from the menu that pops up.

Rags

Comment

I got the new drivers from Matrox. Are the turbo gl drivers on the website only? If so Can I download just the turbo gl driver or must I download pd 5.3 and install it again? thanks for any help. Mark

Comment

The TurboGL is built into the 5.30 drivers. There is no additional d/l needed.
        Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

I too have just changed the G200 to a G400 in one of my machines. I simply installed the PD 5.30 drivers again (I had the one file set), and the next time I rebooted on startup it automatically scanned the hard drives for any TurboGL-supported games.

(As it turns out, only Quake 2, Unreal, Half-Life and Quake 3 Arena are currently officially supported, although other Quake-engine games also seem to work with minor or no problems.)

Anyway, if it didn't install correctly for you, you can simply extract mgaTGLP3.dll from w9x_530.exe, copy it to the game's folder and rename it to OpenGL32.dll.

The TurboGL Manager Rags mentioned is called PDGLUtil.exe and also comes uncompressed in the driver archive.

Comment

Working...
          X