quake & g400 & opengl = too bright

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• quake & g400 & opengl = too bright

i have recently install quake 2, and in software mode, the brightness was fine, but when i tried open gl, it was too dark to play. i tried upgrading to version to 3.20 to see if this would help, but it was still dark. any suggestions?
    - n a n a k i -
    [url]http://biounits.cjb.net/[url]

Hi Nanaki! The way to fix this is to adjust some parameters in a file called "autoexec.cfg" in your "baseq2" directory. The file may not be present depending on what you have already customized in the game. If it's not there, just create a blank file with that name and enter the parameters and values in it. I have a lot of stuff in mine, but the main one's for adjusting the image are as follows:

set intensity "2.0"
    set vid_gamma "0.85"
    set gl_modulate "3.5"
    set gl_saturate "0"

You can adjust the values of the parameters to get the image quality you want. These may not be all the parameters that you can use to adjust the image, but these are the one's I use. There are others on this forum more knowledgeable than I on this subject, so maybe they can help you out more. I also have a file that lists all the console commands and parameters in the game that I got from PlanetQuake. I can email that to you if you'd like ( it's a Microsoft Word document). I hope this helps you out some at least...

Cheers!

------------------
    ABIT BH-6, Celeron 300A @450, 128MB RAM, IBM Deskstar 10GXP, Matrox Millenium G200 16MB, Sound Blaster Live!, D-LINK 10/100 Ethernet, US Robotics 56K modem, Adaptec 2940UW, Plextor 32X CDROM, Plextor 4X/12X CD-R, SCSI Zip Drive, Motorola Cybersurfr Cable Modem

[This message has been edited by Manex (edited 11 November 1999).]

[This message has been edited by Manex (edited 11 November 1999).]
    ABIT BF6, P3-600E FC-PGA @800, 128MB Crucial 7ns SDRAM, IBM Deskstar 10GXP, Matrox Millenium G400 DH 32MB, Sound Blaster Live!, D-LINK 10/100 Ethernet, Adaptec 2940UW, Plextor 32X CDROM, Plextor 4X/12X CD-R, SCSI Zip Drive, Motorola Cybersurfr Cable Modem

Comment

Working...
    X