Problems with GTA 2 on G400

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problems with GTA 2 on G400

I just got GTA 2. And boy I really love this game. At first it runs smooth at the highest res. I can have, which is 1280*1024 or something. But after a couple of minutes. Often when there is many cars and violence on the screen it all lags. And then it just get worse and worse. It's laggin as hell in the end. It's even hard to play. What's the problem with this one.

System Specs.
    Pentium II 350
    64mb RAM
    Millenium G400 Max

I have a similar problem with GTA 2!
    Only my system locks up after about 10 minutes. I need help NOW! I want to play this game!

System:
    Pentium II 450@504 Mhz
    128 Mb RAM
    Millenium G400 Max

Comment

True my friends, Even the demo which I installed, played like somebody put bubblegum in my computer. Its really slow in GTA2

System

Celeron 366
      160 Meg
      G400 DH @150/200
      Celeron 366 Mhz
      160 MB RAM
      G400 MAX DH 32 Meg
      Win98SE/Linux/NT4 workstation
      SB LIVE (FULL)
      13 GB IBM harddrive
      4,3 GB Quantum Fireball SE harddrive
      Toshiba 36X IDE cdrom
      Creative Encore DVD 2x
      Teac 6/24x cd-r SCSI-2
      NCR810 SCSI-2 card
      17" CTX monitor
      Thrustmaster F-16 FLCS&TQS
      56K modem
      Logitech Mouseman +

Comment

I also have similar problem. Game returns me to desktop randomly during gameplay so I an unable to finish even the first level. Need help.

System:
        Pentium III - 450
        128 MB RAM
        G400 32MB DH
        Intel Pentium III 600
        196 MB SDRAM
        Matrox G400 32MB DualHead
        10GB Maxtor HD 7200rpm
        Compaq 40x CDROM, Toshiba SD1212 DVDROM
        Creative SB Live Value
        Microcom Deskporte 56k Voice modem
        Compaq P700 FD Trinitron Monitor

Comment

I have the same problem w/ random exit to desktop at random times, sometimes I can play for a really long time and sometimes only for a few minutes...

And I have a G200...

If anyone finds a solution to this please let me know!!

THANKS!!

------------------
          Current Specs:
          Epox MVP3G2
          K6-2 450 @ 450 (4.5x100)
          128MB PC100
          Marvel G200 (5.25 Drivers, 2.6 Bios, 1.51 Vid Tools)
          SB Live! Value (Liveware 3.0)
          18GB IBM ATA/66 HDD
          Compaq DVD-Rom drive
          Some Cheap 40x EIDE CD-Rom

Comment

I partialy solved crashing to desktop problem by disabling anisotropic filtering in registry. Game still crashes but much less frequent.
            Intel Pentium III 600
            196 MB SDRAM
            Matrox G400 32MB DualHead
            10GB Maxtor HD 7200rpm
            Compaq 40x CDROM, Toshiba SD1212 DVDROM
            Creative SB Live Value
            Microcom Deskporte 56k Voice modem
            Compaq P700 FD Trinitron Monitor

Comment

Hate to tell you guys this, but mine works great. Never had any probs with Demo or Full, although i did have to cut the res down 1 level.

------------------
              </list>
              PIII 450 @ 464
              generic BX6 motherboard
              G400 MAX : )
              Maxtor 13 gig UDMA 33
              Maxtor 13 gig UDMA 66
              Creative 36x CD-ROM
              HP 2x2x6x CD-RW
              64 megs PC100 RAM
              Intel 10/100
              Soundblaster 32 AWE
              DiamondMAX 56k
              Logitech Wireless Desktop (best $50 ive ever spent)
              4 large fans.

Comment

Works also great here at 1280*960, with 3d hardware sound enabled. Have problems with Open Gl (Quake3 crashes but Kingpin runs smooth and fine with fog etc...) but with GTA2 is everything allright. System specs: PIII 450 Matrox G400 32MB SH, 128 MB RAM, Asus P2-99...

Comment

How about some information from the people who have no probs (and the people with probs) about Driver versions, Sound cards, etc. so maybe we can nail this down??

Dyre, who said he has no probs, has a AWE32, while I have a SB live and have the problem.
                  Anyone else??

Comment

My specs (no problems with GTA 2) are: PIII 450, Asus P2-99, SB Live! Value, Matrox G400 32MB SH, 5.30 drivers, disabled dos sb16 emu and Com-port 2 just to be sure, no other PCI or ISA card installed. Have no problems with games (Nba Live 2000, Fifa 2000, Driver...) everything allright and very fast!!! Have some lockups only when starting Q3 some times, but when it starts it rocks... great visuals and speed at 1280*1024. Support here in Greece is shit... and f....d up. The only help I had (and I had a lot problems in the beggining) was this Forum. Thanks a lot and I hope I can help someone too.

Comment

jiannis,

I really have no problems with any other games except this one. So I don't think these are system issues.

I wonder if disabling 16-bit sound has anything to do with it..

Anyone with the problem, what drivers / bios versions are you running??

I'm also getting pissed off that there is no tech support from the GTA2 website!! Anyone have an e-mail address for them??

Comment

I too have random drop out (back to desktop) problems with GTA2.

------------------
                        aka Chris H

Comment

Does anyone besides me care about figuring out the problem??

RoGuE, we know people have this problem, how about some system info so we can nail down what is causing the problem. Just mentioning that you also have the same issue as everyone else helps no one.

BTW, I found an e-mail address on the take 2 games site and sent in a request for a patch or what we should try to get it to work.

I'll let you know if/when I hear back from them.

Comment

I have the random drops to desktop as well (and I´m happy to see that its not just some strange incompatability in my system thats causing it).

aopen ax6bc, cel300A @ 450, 192mb sdram, various IBM deskstar HDisks, G400MAX, RR-G, SBlive value, uhm need more? Ethernet Netcard (bamboo style).

------------------

Comment

I think that everyone that posted their system specs cares :-) I hope you get some response soon, as I also know of several people outside this list that has the problem with drops to desktop.

Good luck to us all.

Kakakoka

Comment

Working...
                              X