Lucas Arts Games and Text Problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lucas Arts Games and Text Problems

What resolution do you play on for XWA? Make sure you turn off hardware mip mapping. For some reason, the graphics are worse when turned on with the G400.

Also, you can edit the config file in your XWA directory to make the graphics a bit better. Edit the mipmap1 and lod1 to 30. Only do this if you are playing in a resolution of 1024 or above. If you do this for the lower resolutions the graphics will look grainy. You will see that some of the graphics sliders are past their maximum in the options. Do not touch them or they will be reset and you will have to edit the config file again.

Hope this helps.

I see what you mean... However I've looked to some LucasArts official screen shots of XwA and they are equal to mine... It seems that it wasn't a problem. Just that I felt something missing. Well, it seems it isn't...

Now about 2D maps... I wonder if someone could tell me if that is normal...

------------------
    Mario Dominguez
    www.swcombine.com
    Mario Dominguez
    www.swcombine.com

Comment

Lucas Arts Games and Text Problems

Greetings to all,

I've bought recently a G400 card and it seems to be giving minor, but anoying problems with these two Lucas Arts games.
      For X-Wing Alliance, all textures are messed up and kind of "washed", I mean, very light and with low detail... I've installed drivers 5.30 and the game is already patched with the latest upgrade released.

With Rogue Squadron, the radar screen is allways flickering, and screen transitions are really bad... Don't know how to explain, but it doesn't seem normal.

To finish I would like to ask, what to do with the fonts and 2d arrays located on game screens that seem too pixelized?? The same applies to videos... Too many squares...

Any answer is appreciated...

------------------
      Mario Dominguez
      www.swcombine.com
      Mario Dominguez
      www.swcombine.com

Comment

Working...
      X