MediaStudio Pro 5.2 VE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MediaStudio Pro 5.2 VE

I've been kind of frustrated with Avid Sinema for the Matrox Card and thru my JVC camcorders extra stuff, I was able to get a copy of MediaStudio Pro 5.0. I've updated to 5.2 VE but was wondering if its worth paying for the full version.

Thanks

Tom

I'm in same position, but am hanging fire. V. 6.0 should be out shortly (Ulead are playing their cards close to the chest as to when and what). I may upgrade to full 6.0 or, if not, I'll wait until dealers' stocks of 5.2 are sold off at a discount.

------------------
    Brian (the terrible)

Brian (the devil incarnate)

Comment

Yes, however you want to slice it for the cost, it's worth getting the full version. I've used MSP for two years, and I am very happy with it.

Comment

Has anyone heard rumors as to the planned cost for upgrading to 6.0 VE from 5.2 VE?

- Kevin

Comment

I purchased the V5.2 upgrade. The saleperson said that as far as she knew, there was no 6.0 planned for this year and that if there was an upgrade this year that she doesn't know about, that my purchase now would almost guarantee me a upgrade to 6.0.

Tom

Comment

Tom

Call me sceptical, but your salesperson is a SALES person. She obviously did not want to miss that opportunity of getting rid of obsolescent stock. As for the freebie u/g to 6.0, I hope you got that in writing and signed.

------------------
            Brian (the terrible)

Brian (the devil incarnate)

Comment

I hear they are going to announce and or preview a new product at a show in October.

Three guesses what it is since they've already released the new versions of Cool3D and PhotoImpact.

Dr. Mordrid

[This message has been edited by DrMordrid (edited 09-24-1999).]

Comment

Kevin,

I don't think that you will see a 6.0VE of MSPRO. Ulead seems to be pushing Video Studio as it's entry level package.

paulw

Comment

Yes, I guessed that the 5.2 upgrade was just a way of desposing of old stock. I still have to learn to use 5.2 with my Matrox Marvel. I can't seem to get audio? I own a SB Live--any suggestions. Will work on it during the week.

I'm disappointed about the G400 Marvel--thought they would include Dual Head and 32 MB memory? Is the Marvel memory upgradeable to 32 MB?

Tom

Comment

No the memory on the Marvel G400-TV is not upgradable.

No multi-monitor

------------------
                    aka Chris H

Comment

Hi Rogue,

I read something about that dualhead today. Seems that there wasn't enough room on the card for the second VGA port and the BOB connection. Since this card is aimed directly at video editors, the BOB stayed ! However, the BOB carries the TV-monitor connection, and this can be used to view various goodies at the same time as the PC monitor is used for other purposes.

Comment

Hello Chris,

I appreciate why Matrox left off the second VGA port, I was just a little disappointed as I'd assumed it would have one (two?, you know what I mean )

------------------
                        aka Chris H

Comment

Well I know what you mean, but hell, where would I put another monitor anyhow ? I already have to run 2 PCs off the same monitor (with a quality drop-off from having to use monitor extension cables). And my monitor TV has the grand dimension of 5.8" diagonal

Comment

5.8" Impressive TV

I have 2 17" monitors which I'm trying to use in a multi-monitor configuration. Only problem is, if I put my G400 in my primary machine I get MM, but no video grabbing/editing. If I put in my Marvel G200, I can't have MM.

------------------
                            Chris H

[This message has been edited by RoGuE (edited 09-27-1999).]

Comment

Sounds like a good reason for a Marvel G400 with a flatpanel to me ;-)

Dr. Mordrid

[This message has been edited by DrMordrid (edited 09-27-1999).]

Comment

Working...
                              X