Video Competition '99?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Video Competition '99?

Will there be a video competition this year, with a prize consisting in, say, a Marvel G400?
    Chris?

Hi,

Yes, there will be a video competition this year.

The difficult bit is what the prize(s) will be. I am working on some prize sponsorship, but nothing is confirmed yet.

So please all of you start working on your entries, and we'll work out the details later on OK ?

Comment

That sounds great, Chris.

Hope I can master MSP in time.

Comment

Hi Patrick,

I was hoping you were going to master Infini-D or similar and show us your version of "flight of the seagull" (for newcomers, this is an OLD topic)

So far the prizes I have lined up is an autographed photocopy of my article in "Computer Video" and a pair of my socks. Oh, and I think I have an M3D lurking around here somewhere

Comment

So, are the socks still in good shape?

Comment

Patrick !

I have a proud wife. If the socks had holes in, they would be thrown out immediately. And they've been religiously washed every week for the last 5 years (apart from when I was on holiday when I just turned them inside-out).

Besides which, they are better than a regular antenna for picking up channel 5 over here !

I haven't a clue how well they work with NTSC, maybe I should send them over to Haig first for official confirmation that they will do the business across the pond.

Comment

Chris, you say that these socks have been "religiously washed every week..." What kind of a weird cult do you belong to over there?

You realize that if you send the socks to Haig for testing that he won't give them back. It gets pretty cold in Quebec and he'll want 'em to help keep his toes warm this winter.

Comment

Is there any gallery of previous contest winners? What have been some of the the most ambitious projects attempted with the Marvel and where can i find them on the web?
                I heard they did Blair Witch with a Marvel...

Comment

Chris did a marvelous video involving the Sock Cult ceremony. Blair Witch was in fact inspired by the video work done by Chris.

Comment

Hi Pleeman.

Sounds like you've only found the forum and not the full site yet. Go to http://idiots-guide.matroxusers.com and follow the "video showcase" link from the sidebar menu. Be warned that some of the AVIs can take a long time to download. Having said that, there are some excellent pieces of work to look at. It would be unfair to single out anything in particular.

By the way, I have decided to submit one sock to Haig for Matrox testing, and the other to MS to see if it can get WHQL Microsock certification.

Forgive my ignorance, but what is "Blair Witch" ? Is it anything to do with the British Premiers wife ?

Comment

Yes, Chris, the woman behind the man at the helm of Albion is inspired by you! Maybe she can get you an RT2000.

Comment

Oh Daddy,

Feel afraid, feel very very afraid !

Mind you, I like that phrase "the helm of albion". Now if "alba" meant "pink" instead of "white" you might have a perfect match. The thought of a first lady who is the daughter of an actor who portrayed a shaggy drunken scouse still leaves me with the shudders.

Think on this : If she could collar an R2K for me, either income tax would go up by a penny or schools would have to go without books for another year

Comment

Working...
                        X