Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Outcast

I 've got G400 max with lastest driver 5.30
    and Outcast crashed after 3 minutes playing.
    Even when i tried to add new resolution corresponding to the game one.Somebody could help me?

Lehuuvin,

Check if you did a clean install of PD5.30 ( performing a full uninstall of previous drivers). I don't have outcast but I had crashing problems with many games when I installed PD5.30 over previous drivers (PD5.25 I guess )

byes!

Comment

I've got Outcast for 1 month now.
      Because i used to use DX7(not any more i got back to DX6.1...DX7 IS ONLY A BETA Version for those how didn't know), and used also WIN98 Second edition, i COULD NOT even install Outcast.
      BUT if you visit the official web site outcast-game.com you will find 2 patches that will help A LOT.
      Athlon Thunderbird 1.1Ghz@1.2~1.3+GHz Socket A 256Kb,Asus A7V dipswitches,GlobalWin FOP32-1 heatsink,GlobalWin 802 Advance ATX Case, 17" Sony Multiscan 200PST,384MB Crucial PC133 CAS=2,ATI Radeon 32Mb DDR,(Matrox Millenium G400 MAX 32MB 5ns SGRAM),IBM Deskstar 75GXP 15Gb UltraATA/100, Quantum Firebal EL 10.2Gb,Hewlett Packard DeskJet 970Cxi,Epson Perfection 1240U Scanner,Sound blaster Live!,Cambridge Soundworks 5.1,Creative PC-DVD 5X,CDR-RW Ricoh MP7040S@MP7060S(Tweaked from 4x--->6x with no problem),Adaptec SCSI 2920C,Diamond SupraExpress 56e PRO,Iomega Zip Drive.

Comment

lehuuvin,
        g400 max, win 98se, dx7 and the U.S. version of Outcast. No problems except
        a minor sound card annoyance.
        As alessandro recommended get the patches.
        The U.S. version has the patches included.

Comment

Already seen on these forums that Outcast tech support sucks ("We do not support Matrox chipset").
          There is more : in the patch's readme (you know, the patch that is supposed to help you play with DX7), they say something like:
          "The installation procedure returns a fatal error if the DirectX version is higher than 6.1.(thanks Microsoft !)".

That is unbelievable ! EVERY other game I own runs just fine under DX7 (at least, it installs ;-) ). So it's not Microsoft's fault, isn't it ? Thanks Outcast.

------------------
          Corwin the Brute
          Corwin the Brute

Comment

Dears all
            Thank you for your promt reply. I've tried the patch, i stay with direct x 6.1 and it doesn't work.It 's going on crashing!
            I'm still opened to your suggestions.

Comment

Lehuuvin,

give us more information about your system..
              ..IRQ setting ....are u getting AGPx2 ...
              ...have u installed the latest bios in the G400....maybe the problem is not on the MAX but on you sound card(get latest drivers,bios
              and if u have a Soundblaster get liveware3.0.
              Athlon Thunderbird 1.1Ghz@1.2~1.3+GHz Socket A 256Kb,Asus A7V dipswitches,GlobalWin FOP32-1 heatsink,GlobalWin 802 Advance ATX Case, 17" Sony Multiscan 200PST,384MB Crucial PC133 CAS=2,ATI Radeon 32Mb DDR,(Matrox Millenium G400 MAX 32MB 5ns SGRAM),IBM Deskstar 75GXP 15Gb UltraATA/100, Quantum Firebal EL 10.2Gb,Hewlett Packard DeskJet 970Cxi,Epson Perfection 1240U Scanner,Sound blaster Live!,Cambridge Soundworks 5.1,Creative PC-DVD 5X,CDR-RW Ricoh MP7040S@MP7060S(Tweaked from 4x--->6x with no problem),Adaptec SCSI 2920C,Diamond SupraExpress 56e PRO,Iomega Zip Drive.

Comment

And also u sould know that outcast is full of bugs and i predict 2 more patches to be release in the next months.

------------------
                Pentium II -450Mhz@504,Asus P2B rev.1010,17" Sony Multiscan 200PST,128MB PC100 ram,Matrox Millenium G400 MAX 32MB 5ns SGRAM,Quantum Firebal 10.2Gb,Epson Stylus Color 740,Sound blaster Live!,Cambridge Soundworks 5.1,Creative PC-DVD 5X,Ricoh MP7040S,Adaptec SCSI 2920C,Diamond SupraExpress 56e PRO.

Comment

Thank for your interest, Alessandro
                  I have a PIII 500,128 mb
                  Matrox g400 max_ driver 5.30_
                  Sound blaster live 2.0 then 2.1 and now 3.0 but until now i've never had problem with any game. Every thing works well except Oucast. But how could you know if you 've got AGP2 or not. I've enabled tweaker It's not enough?

Comment

Go in the performance option before starting the game and disable 3D sound
                    Looks like it’s a problem with live ware 3.0

Comment

What color depth do you have your desktop set to??

Comment

Dear all,

Thanks all of you for your prompt co operation. The solution is simply disable the option sound 3d. Once special thank for Over kill.

Comment

My old FIC 503+/K6-2 350/G200 had no problems until I installed the patches on the american version - big mistake. Now I've got all sorts of problems. Constant crashes. I've uninstalled and reinstalled the game - no help. Deleted Win98SE and reinstalled Win98SE then reinstalled the game - no help.

Then I built a new computer: Epox MVP3G5/K6III-450/G400DH32 with a clean install of Win98SE and then Outcast. Not a single problem. The game plays fine (well, that is if you consider the slow software acceleration fine).

The moral of the story? If you install it and it works - don't touch it. Don't patch it. Just play it.

RAB

[This message has been edited by RAB (edited 07 November 1999).]
                          AMD K6III-450; Epox EP-MVP3G5; G400DH32; Maxtor 10gig UDMA66; 128meg PC100; Aureal SQ2500 sound; PCI Modem Blaster; Linksys 10/100 NIC; Mag 800V 19"; AL ACS54 4 speaker sound; Logitech wireless mouse; Logitech Wingman Extreme (great for lefties)

Comment

Working...
                          X